System and Software Product Engineer
- PARIS About Chassis Brakes International
Chassis Brakes International is one of the world's largest manufacturers of automotive braking solutions. Its products - disk brakes, drum brakes, electro-mechanical parking brakes and rotors
- are dedicated to passenger cars and light commercial vehicles through original equipment manufacturers. Chassis Brakes International benefits from a strong expertise gained throughout more than 90 years in the foundation brakes industry
under different banners. Since June 2012, the company has been part of KPS Capital Partners, LP portfolio companies.
Chassis Brakes International has a global footprint with operations in Europe, Asia, South Africa, North and South America. You want to know more about our organization?
Have look at our website https://www.chassisbrakes.com Job Purpose
Lead technical aspects of system and software projects internally and towards the customer
Contribute in project development activities Area of Accountabilities & Key Activities Project coordination
Project development activities
- For RFQ activities, analyze customer requirements, create deviation matrix from platform requirements, estimate project workload, and present products to customers.
- Coordinate activities (system, software, testing, safety, and interface to actuator development) with respect to standards, and project objectives and milestones.
- Plan development activities and maintain the project schedule.
- Represent the technical interface for the customer.
Key Professional Competencies
- Manage OEM specific requirements down to software level.
- Agree with the customer and the Electronic Stability Control supplier(s) upon a feature implementation plan.
- Create and maintain a test strategy and a requirements based test plan (bench + vehicle) with test departments.
- Define software application parameters based on customer requirements, vehicle data, brake caliper tests, system tests, vehicle tests, simulations...
- Participate in vehicle validation tests, create defect and change tickets, summarize overall validation results for each software delivery, and verify coverage requirements.
- Prepare and deliver official software according to internal process
- Create and maintain internal project documents related to APB function with respect to standards, project objectives and milestones
- Continuous Improvement Propose improvement ideas regarding product, process...
- Establish best practices, refine processes and specific guidelines
Key Personal Competencies
- Mechanical & mechatronic knowledge
- System & software knowledge
- Configuration Management & Requirement Management
- Functional Safety norms
- Project Management & Functional Management
- Customer Focus
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Knowledge tools: software tools, PLM, requirement management
- Fluent English level - German appreciated
Qualification & Experience
- Collaboration & Teamwork
- Communication & Presentation
- Analytical & Problem Solving
- Implementation & Result Orientation
- Ownership & Accountability
- Bachelor/Master degree in Mechatronic Engineering or Embedded Software or equivalent
- At least 5 years including a software experience interfacing with customer in automotive industry