Are you looking for opportunities to work on high profile rail projects and advanced technology alongside experts from the UK, Europe and Japan? Come and join the fastest growing rail business in the world!
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. We are working to Inspire the Next – and this is your chance to be part of it.
Your new role
In this exciting new role you will providing group wide support as Hitachi Rail implements the One Hitachi Rail (OHR) operating model. The team’s primary objectives are:
- Implementation of the One Hitachi Rail Collaboration Model across the business globally
- Ensuring category management process and tools are consistent and deliver value group wide
- Providing support to line of business teams in new customer or supplier markets
- Driving innovation and challenging category teams to deliver maximum value
- Identifying and leveraging top supplier relationships across the group
- Understanding global sales pipeline across the business to have early visibility of demand
Specifically, you will be responsible for the following deliverables:
- Work with the category management teams in each line of business and Group procurement to develop and implement the new OHR collaboration model, providing leadership and coaching to ensure strategies being developed within each Line of Business (LoB) are for the benefit of the Rail Group
- Support the implementation of the new governance model for category management
- Support management of internal and external category profiling (i.e., spend analysis, demand analysis, supply market analysis) and identification of potential levers to lower total cost
- Conducts effective change management with business stakeholders at divisional, cluster and site level post-implementation to realise value from initiatives within their region
- Developing and supporting the use of best practise category management tools and processes within the LoB and Group Procurement teams
- Promote advanced procurement methods (such as gain sharing, should-cost modelling, reduced cost to serve) to improve the results of the global procurement teams
- Provide analytical support to category teams, including the rollout of spend analytics and any other tools developed by the CPO team
- Deliver supply chain strategies and analysis of new market opportunities for new customer and supplier markets
- Support development of category strategies for specific commodities where ownership has been agreed with the category teams
- Tracking benefits delivered by category management across the Rail group using consistent TCO methodology
- Early engagement with the category managers from each LoB to ensure strategy development is in alignment with group objectives
- Develop and maintain excellent professional relationships and networks with business partners and suppliers to deliver financial benefit through strong presentation and facilitation skills.
- Excellent communicator who has the ability to influence senior stakeholders (COOs, CPO), using clear and objective presentations and data analysis visualisation as appropriate
- Flexibility with regards to travel – meetings at global Hitachi sites (UK, Italy, international) will be required weekly and occasionally for extended periods
- Experience of working globally across lines of business and challenging the status quo
- Experienced procurement practitioner with the knowledge of strategic sourcing, category management processes and supplier management tools and techniques (not specifically in the rail industry).
- Experience in developing category strategies or supply chain strategies
- Strong analytical skills and action focussed to capitalise on identified opportunities
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams
- Appreciation of cost saving methodologies such as should-cost modelling, value engineering, and logistics optimisation.
- Strong commercial acumen and data presentation skills with an ability to influence and persuade stakeholders
- Good time management skills: managing priorities and keeping to deadlines.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft office packages and market intelligence (desirable)
- Ability to collaborate and communicate cross culturally and cross functionally
- Able to negotiate directly with suppliers for all contract provisions
- Educated to degree level
- Member of Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) or appropriate professional institute or relevant experience.
Why Hitachi Rail?
At Hitachi Rail you will find a passionate and collaborative environment. We operate according to our values of Harmony, Sincerity and Pioneering Spirit. As such, we work closely as a team and empower our colleagues to take ownership and become creative in our pursuit of excellence. We take pride in the contribution we make to society and we always act with integrity and fairness towards our customers, suppliers and colleagues.
We offer a competitive salary and annual leave entitlement as well as a generous benefits package. This includes a pension scheme with contributions up to 9%, health insurance, and many more perks for you to choose from within a flexible plan that will meet your specific needs and lifestyle.
If you like the sound of the above and feel energised by the idea of joining a great brand at a moment of exciting expansion, please apply now. We look forward to hearing from you!