Job Description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated SIGNALING COMMISSIONING ENGINEER
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Naples - Italy.
Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
Who We Are in: Naples - Italy
In Naples Hitachi Rail employees roughly 700 people, mostly engineers, who are developing signalling technologies at the state of the art, signaling systems design, the analysis of safety, reliability and availability, laboratory testing, contract management and control, research and development, procurement, and prevention and protection.
Thanks to our innovations and expertise, commitment and dedication we rank among the best railway technology provider of the Industry, delivering our products to Ferrovie Italiane, RFI as well as to the rest of the world.
The Naples offices are located in the area of San Giovanni a Teduccio, industrial area where is easy to reach the airport and train stations. ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Support the Commissioning Manager in the definition, organization and execution of the commissioning activities relevant to a project
• Execute and responsible for testing and commissioning activities of a Rail Transit System from the end of installation to the start of revenue service
• Conduct all testing and commissioning activities in full compliance with company standards, contract requirements, project schedule, approved test procedures, quality, safety, and environmental objectives
• Create and issue test documentation and reports
• Manage and lead the assigned resources in order to perform the tests activities
• Timely identification and reporting of non-compliances and delays of commissioning activities to the Commissioning Manager
• Manage the configuration of documentation, hardware and software in the field
• Perform troubleshooting, identification and resolution of system and subsystem issues and when required escalate issues to engineering and management
• Able to work independently and in team environment with minimal supervision
• Able to work under pressure during intense periods of testing and commissioning activities
• Willing to work flexibly and efficiently in support of the project which may include working shift rotation, nights, weekends and holidays
• Ability to interact with customer and project team in a professional manner
• Maintain and develop own professional competence and skills
Basic working knowledge with one or more of the following Rail Trains System: Automatic Train Control, Communication Base Train Control, Positive Train Control
• Working knowledge of the Linux or UNIX operating system
• Working knowledge of Wireshark
• Working knowledge of switches, routers and servers.
• Working knowledge of Windows Server and working with server applications
• Understanding of software programming logic
• Ability to read, understand, and implement scripts written in various scripting languages (BASH, python, Perl)
• Experience and knowledge of implementation engineering processes covering testing and commissioning
• Equipment Installation Processes
• Test & Commissioning Processes
• Good verbal and written communication skills Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
2+ to 5 years
Experience working in a Linux environment
• Cisco Switching/Routing Experience
• Experience with Windows Server and Server Applications EDUCATION REQURED
Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Engineering or
Information Technology Qualifications/ University Degree or Equivalent Technical Background Languages
Good English proficiency Benefits Hitachi Rail
employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/