Business Systems Administrator/coordinator
Are you looking for opportunities to work on high profile rail projects and advanced technology alongside experts from the UK, Europe and Japan? Come and join the fastest growing rail
business in the world!
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. We are working to Inspire the Next – and this is your chance to be part of it.
Your new role
The Business Systems Service Desk is responsible for control, monitoring, coordinating and fixing of issues with OS&M Business Systems – Primarily Soros and HFMT. The service desk manages incidents, changes and problems and acts as a focal point for both internal stakeholders and our customers. They interact with our Service Provider (Hitachi Vantara), as well as other Vendors to ensure that Service Level Requirements are met, and that incidents are managed to a timely resolution and within the agreements of our contracts.
Business System Support Duties
The BSSD carries responsibility for running a recurring £5m support contract with strategic partner Hitachi Vantara, via a Managed Service desk.
- Provide administration support in a technical and organisationally complex environment.
- New User account provisioning
- Linking training to roles and authorisations across business systems
- Call logging, call allocation and call queue management Using ServiceNow or another interim method
- Work with external service and support providers as required
- Escalate technical issues to the relevant teams/members
- Help triage some incident tickets as and when required
- Assist in building up documentation such as process flows, fault finding guides, triage scripts etc
- Laise with external stakeholders to help direct queries and feedback internally or to end users
- Laise with internal end users to resolve queries and provide support
- Engage in Major incidents to bring to timely resolution
- Understand vendor SLA’s and hold them to account
- Manage business relationships and service contracts with suppliers, ensuring that they meet the business requirements through Service Level Agreements and enable internal support teams to meet their Operational Level Agreements.
- Engage in Problem and Change Management
- Proactively moitor the HFMT system and report ‘health checks’ to TOC’s and other customers/stakeholders
- Escalate immediately issues with critical or SEV1 incidents that affect TOC functions such as SRS/Timetable etc
- Create timely reports
- Work within a KPI framework to ensure that the BSSD hits it’s targets on incident response and resolution times
- Act as a conduit or communications function for the OSM Business in respect of both SOROS and HFMT.
- Actively engage with Hitachi Vantara servie desk through ASD. And other vendors through their chosen method. Escalate vendor issues in a timely manner.
- Ensure that the support framework operates to the highest quality, making sure that processes are adhered to and that all milestones e.g. performance, penetration, user acceptance, service continuity testing and product deliverables are managed via service quality gates, resolving and/or appropriately escalating risks and issues as needed.
- Provide vital support, coordinate various teams to ensure that all services that are transitioned into production can be managed, operated and supported in line with the business requirements.
- Support the Change Management process, to include the contributing to CAB, third parties emergency changes as and when required
- Implement Service and process improvements utilising service desk call data. Deploy root cause analysis which should result in resolving problems faster, improving service levels.
- Looking at ways to develop improve Customer/Supplier engagement e.g. monthly Service Meetings, User Groups
BSSD Improvement Project Specific Duties:
- Monitor progress of all open actions issues and risks associated with the effective delivery of the project, resolving and/or escalating issues where required
- Prepare project documents including correspondence letters, meeting minutes and presentations as required
- Ensure that required documentation is created and maintained to appropriate standards including: project documents, project reports, risk, issue and change logs
- Ensure that all information and documents are organized and accurately filed in a systematic fashion to enable auditors/inspectors to perform an audit trail through a project's life cycle
- Collate information for reporting progress of Key Project Activities as and when requested
Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Project Management Qualification or understanding
- Understanding of Project and Programme management tools and techniques and their purpose in the programme/project lifecycle.
- Good interpersonal skills to obtain collaboration from key programme stakeholders.
- Sound prioritisation and organisation skills to deliver to tight time schedules.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good at Document control
- Keen and willing to support team members and the wider business
- Strong IT skills: MS Project, Excel, Word, Share Point PowerPoint etc.
- Good standard of written and spoken English.
- Numerate with experience of working to a high level of accuracy
- Pro-active, with the ability to work on own initiative and be self-motivated, as managers are often out of the office travelling.
- Previous experience working for a Global organisation would be an advantage.
- Primarily based in Doncaster but flexible to travel to other Hitachi UK sites as required
- To be aware of, actively promote, and implement Hitachi’s ethos, culture and values.
- To be involved in Hitachi Rail Europe’s staff development and training and participate in PDP procedures.
- To adhere to the Hitachi Rail Europe’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
- To comply with and implement Hitachi Rail Europe’s Health and Safety policy.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as may be required
Why Hitachi Rail?
At Hitachi Rail you will find a passionate and collaborative environment. We operate according to our values of Harmony, Sincerity and Pioneering Spirit. As such, we work closely as a team and empower our colleagues to take ownership and become creative in our pursuit of excellence. We take pride in the contribution we make to society and we always act with integrity and fairness towards our customers, suppliers and colleagues.
We offer a competitive salary and annual leave entitlement as well as a generous benefits package. This includes a pension scheme with contributions up to 9%, health insurance, and many more perks for you to choose from within a flexible plan that will meet your specific needs and lifestyle.
If you like the sound of the above and feel energised by the idea of joining a great brand at a moment of exciting expansion, please apply now. We look forward to hearing from you!