Are you looking for opportunities to work on high profile rail projects and advanced technology alongside experts from the around the globe? Come and join the fastest growing rail business in the world!
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. We are working to Inspire the Next – and this is your chance to be part of it.
Your new role
In this exciting, permanent opportunity, you will be the “conductor” of a given project and responsible for project’s success, removing roadblocks, and recovering from issues if they arise, within the context of the Newton Aycliffe facility
Specifically, you will be responsible for the following deliverables:
- Meeting customer and program milestones by coordinating a cross-functional teams including, but not limited to, Design, Production Engineering, Production, Procurement, Production Control, Customer Service, and Quality
- Ensure successful handover of trains within the Rolling Stock UK organisation and then ultimately to the Train Maintenance Operations
- Support the Sales and Project team to represent the company with customers, develop and maintain customer relationships and manage expectations for the Rolling Stock UK group
- Plan internal program activities for program launch and manage project schedule, identify risks and clearly communicate to the project stakeholders
- Plan internal activities and working with Planning Team develop a build “forward schedule” that meet Global and Program objectives, ensuring buy-in from all stakeholders
- Within the scope of the position, manage and track open issues. Drive open issues to closure through tracking, delegation, and escalation
- As required, lead the coordination of technical reviews, including dry-runs to ensure customer expectations are understood and addressed
- Lead coordination of manufacturing, quality, and engineering “exception” and/or clarification lists. Ensure all customer requirements have been addressed. Work with teams to negotiate requirements with customer
- Resolution of any emerging conflicts, internal and external
- Ensure commonality of project approach within Newton Aycliffe, and looking to share best practise within the RSUK PM team utilising “NAY-PJT-PMAP-0001_Project Management” flow chart and “NAY-QMS-FORM-0036a-h_PROJECT WORKBOOK Template”
- Budget management, reporting and optimisation proposals
- Develop program status reports and report status to management
- Support all business objectives of the company by aligning Program Management activities with the organizational goals and objectives
- To be aware of and actively promote and implement Hitachi’s ethos, culture and values
- To be involved in Hitachi Rail Europe’s staff development and training and participate in PDP procedures
- To adhere to the Hitachi Rail Europe’s Equal Opportunities Policy
- To comply with and implement Hitachi Rail Europe’s Health and Safety policy
- To undertake any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as may be required
About you – you will be able to
- Demonstrate previous experience and a proven track-record of successful project implementation
- Demonstrate experience of successfully seeing large and complex projects through the entire ‘lifecycle’
- Show experience of working in international companies and across different cultures
- Interface with customers, stakeholders and suppliers at all levels
- Demonstrate the ability to work on own initiative, setting clear targets and deliverables, but within a tight project environment is essential
- Be a self-starter willing to take responsibility for delivery of goals and objectives
- Demonstrate proven ability to co-ordinate several existing teams and drive them to an integrated delivery plan
- Be a strategic thinker, able to assess the big picture implications of project actions and commitments
- Show excellent analytical and communication skills
- Be well organised, detail oriented
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Project/Program Management
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project
Why Hitachi Rail?
At Hitachi Rail you will find a passionate and collaborative environment. We operate according to our values of Harmony, Sincerity and Pioneering Spirit. As such, we work closely as a team and empower our colleagues to take ownership and become creative in our pursuit of excellence. We take pride in the contribution we make to society and we always act with integrity and fairness towards our customers, suppliers and colleagues.
We offer a competitive salary and annual leave entitlement as well as a generous benefits package. This includes a pension scheme with contributions up to 9%, health insurance, and many more perks for you to choose from within a flexible plan that will meet your specific needs and lifestyle.
If you like the sound of the above and feel energised by the idea of joining a great brand at a moment of exciting expansion, please apply now. We look forward to hearing from you!