Head of Procurement Operations UK
Are you looking for opportunities to work on high profile rail projects and advanced technology alongside experts from the UK, Europe and Japan? Come and join the fastest growing rail business in the world!
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. We are working to Inspire the Next – and this is your chance to be part of it.
Your new role
The Governance and Analysis team facilitates and supports the planning, execution and improvement of Procurement activities across all Lines of Business (LOB) and Group Procurement teams.
As part of this global team, the Head of Procurement Operations, UK is responsible for managing the provision of operational support for the LOB and Group Procurement teams in the UK.
Specifically, you will be responsible for the following deliverables:
- Develop and maintain excellent professional relationships and networks with internal and external stakeholders including LOB and Group Procurement teams, Internal Audit, Corporate Procurement, Finance, Suppliers and Consultants etc.
- Play an active role as a member of the U.K. Procurement Leadership Team which is responsible for ensuring collaboration, efficient and effective operations, and People management across the Lines of Business and Group Procurement
- Establish demand for Procurement Operations support and maintain agreed service levels for the Lines of Business and Group Procurement teams
- Establish and manage a Procurement Helpdesk and Online presence in the U.K. to provide guidance and 1st Line support for Business Users on Procurement services, policies, processes, tools, contacts etc.
- Develop and manage a Business User On-boarding, Training and Support curriculum for Purchase to Pay and Procurement processes and systems in the U.K.
- Own the Purchase to Pay (P2P) process in the UK including process definition, documentation management, audit support etc.
- Lead and coordinate P2P governance activities, aligned with the U.K. Business Governance, to ensure procurement processes are in compliance with P2P policies and procedures
- Manage the provision of P2P process support services to Lines of Business and Group Procurement teams on PR/PO, Quotations, Tactical Sourcing, Spot Buying, Receipting and Query Resolution.
- Manage the provision of analytics and reporting support to measure and continuously improve P2P process performance and compliance
- Manage the provision of P2P enablement support covering catalogues, contracts and master data management
- Manage the provision of Supplier On-boarding and Monitoring support for new and incumbent suppliers
- Manage the provision Supplier Information Management support to meet operational procurement and compliance requirements
- Engage with Category Management, Sourcing and Buying teams to enable and maintain “Buying Channels” for goods and services
- Collaborate with Finance / Accounts Payable to optimise the end to end P2P processes in the UK
- Manage the Purchasing Card programme in the UK for low value, non-strategic items in collaboration with Finance
- Lead the assessment and implementation of innovative process, technology and operating model solutions to improve P2P and Procurement operations support
- Lead Group and UK Procurement initiatives (as assigned) to support LOB and Group Procurement priorities and plans
- Contribute to the assessment of Group-level opportunities for Procurement & Supply Chain optimisation
- Experienced Procurement Operations practitioner with knowledge of category management, strategic sourcing, supplier and contract lifecycle management processes in a regulated industry
- Experience of SAP and Source to Pay solutions (e.g. Jaggaer, Ariba, Coupa etc.)
- Experience of Purchase to Pay process design, implementation, governance and improvement Experience of Purchase to Pay enablement and support including catalogues, contracts, vendors, materials, price lists etc.
- Experience in the provision of user training, guidance and support for Procurement and Purchase to Pay activities
- Experience of procurement audit, risk and compliance management
- Experience with managing suppliers and consultants
- Experience of leading and developing cross-functional project teams.
- Strong analytical skills and action focussed to capitalise on identified opportunities
- Strong commercial acumen and data presentation skills with an ability to influence and persuade stakeholders
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience.
- Member of Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS), or Institute of Supply Management (CPSM, or CPM) or another appropriate professional institute or relevant experience.
- Strong work ethic, highly motivated and able to work with minimum supervision
- Builds effective relationships collaborating at all levels underpinned by openness, honesty & respect.
- Takes commitment seriously and does what they say they will do whilst holding others to account.
- Desire to understand working with different business cultures
- Strong influencing, networking and team working skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates perseverance, patience and commitment for long term success
- Good organisation/time management
- Enjoys challenges and problem solving. Highly organised and methodical
Why Hitachi Rail?
At Hitachi Rail you will find a passionate and collaborative environment. We operate according to our values of Harmony, Sincerity and Pioneering Spirit. As such, we work closely as a team and empower our colleagues to take ownership and become creative in our pursuit of excellence. We take pride in the contribution we make to society and we always act with integrity and fairness towards our customers, suppliers and colleagues.
We offer a competitive salary and annual leave entitlement as well as a generous benefits package. This includes a pension scheme with contributions up to 9%, health insurance, and many more perks for you to choose from within a flexible plan that will meet your specific needs and lifestyle.
If you like the sound of the above and feel energised by the idea of joining a great brand at a moment of exciting expansion, please apply now. We look forward to hearing from you!