Job ID: R0001098
Date Posted: Nov 19, 2021
Segment: Smart Life
Business Unit: Hitachi Automotive
Company Name: Hitachi Astemo Americas, Inc.
Profession (Job Category): Production & Skilled Trades
Job Type (Experience Level): Entry Level
Job Schedule: Full time
Hitachi Automotive Systems in Harrodsburg, KY is hiring! We are looking for hard-working individuals with previous manufacturing experience, preferably in the production of electronic components, to help us meet customer orders.
· 2nd Shift – Monday - Thursday, 5:00 PM – 3:30 AM*
· D Shift - Friday, Saturday, Sunday, 5:00 AM to 5:00 PM*
· E Shift - Friday, Saturday, Sunday, 5:00 PM to 5:00 AM*
Note: Must be willing to work overtime as required.
*Hours may vary.
Sign on Bonus up to $1000
Weekly/Quarterly Attendance Incentives
Week 1-8 weekly up to $125 attendance incentive then $150 per Quarter
Annual pay increases.
Health, dental, vision, prescription, and life insurance benefits.
Bi-annual bonus opportunities.
Perks including discounts on Hitachi products, supplier discounts on vehicle purchases, and more.
Chief Duties and/or Responsibilities:
· Performs assembly processes following standardized work instructions to complete electronic assemblies and subassemblies using hands, tools, and machines/equipment.
· Reads, comprehends, and follows work instructions and established procedures.
· Collects materials, tools, and/or equipment needed to complete assembly processes.
· Takes precision measurements to ensure fit of components/materials.
· Aligns materials and assembles parts to build components manually and/or using machines/equipment.
· Carries out all instructed/required quality checks, fills out appropriate check sheet information, and inspects each component produced to ensure quality standards are met.
· Performs all assignments safely, wears any required personal protective items, and follows all safety rules at all times.
· Ensures all environmental (ISO 14001) policy initiatives and procedures are adhered to at all times.
· Uses all time wisely, works efficiently, and works effectively. Aids other team members in getting tasks at hand complete when necessary/required.
· Looks for ways to improve the production process. Shares process improvement ideas and aids in the implementation of continuous improvement measures.
· Keeps assigned work areas clean, neat, and free from clutter. Assists in cleaning activities daily.
· Takes instruction from leadership, cooperates with other team members, has respect for fellow team members, and functions effectively as a member of a team.
· Understands the importance of cross-training. There are many different tasks associated with a team member position. Various tasks must be performed daily and team members are expected to be flexible with regard to necessary changes in shift and work location/assignment as needed.
Qualifications - External
Qualified applicants must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· High School Diploma or GED required
· Prior manufacturing experience in the production of electronic components preferred, but not required
· Reading skills - ability to read and comprehend basic work instructions, and follow instructions and standard work procedures
· Math skills - ability to do basic math
· Writing skills - ability to fill out necessary paperwork, including quality check sheets
· Mechanical aptitude - ability to do basic machine/equipment adjustments to ensure quality products
· Computer skills - ability to perform basic computer functions including using a mouse and keyboard, and utilizing any applicable company software applications
· Communication skills - ability to communicate effectively
· Teamwork skills - ability to work effectively with others
· Ethical conduct - ability to perform job duties in an ethical and professional manner at all times
· Standing - up to 10-12 hours per day
· Lifting - supplies/parts/materials, up to 30-35 pounds repetitively
· Carrying – supplies/parts/materials, up to 30-35 pounds repetitively
· Maneuvering - use mechanical assist, various levers
· Walking - retrieval to placement of supplies/parts/materials, up to 10-12 hours per day
· Reaching - upward and downward reaching to retrieve supplies/parts/materials, up to 10-12 hours per day
· Handling - various supplies/parts/materials of different weights, up to 35 pounds repetitively
· Seeing – parts/materials handling and inspecting, up to 10-12 hours per day
· Finger Dexterity - small parts/materials handling, up to 10-12 hours per day
· Repetitive Work - handling parts/materials and stocking supplies, up to 10-12 hours per day
· Overtime - ability to work daily and weekly overtime, in excess of 40 hours per week
Qualified candidates will be contacted for further steps. Final candidates are subject to mandatory employment assessment, drug screen, and criminal background check.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Pay: From $13.54 per hour
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]. Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.