Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated S enior Control Center System Engineer
for the Integrated OCC in Turnkey Railway/High-Speed projects, able to follow the activities since the tenders and to ensure design and delivery of multi-technology automation systems worldwide in new and existing applications for the Control Centers.
The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Italy
Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
Who We Are in: Italy
Currently we are looking for enthusiastic and pioneering candidates, driven by technological challenge and success, who want to contribute to the satisfaction of our customers and to the growth and global leadership of our business. Mission
Provide technical expertise and leadership to a project team consisting of multiple major technical clusters associated to the Control Centers of Railway/High-Speed Systems for all portions of the turnkey project lifecycle. Accountabilities
As key technical leader within an integrated and multi-cultural project team the Senior Control Center System Engineer is in charge to deliver a turnkey Integrated OCC System within the transportation system being accountable to execute the following activities toward the design and delivery phases:
- Ensure the requirements management assuring the proper requirements allocation for the Control Centers Systems and relevant requirements development up to the final validation.
- Ensure the integration and standardization of the different technologies in the Control Centers, in collaboration with all the Control Centers Technical Clusters, focusing on Interface Management;
- Ensure the evolution of Integrated Automation in terms of architecture and platforms, Integrated HMI and Common data definition and Value Added Services.
- Ensure the preparation and monitor the implementation of the Document Control Plan (DCP) for the achievement of successfully delivery of the design documentation for the Integrated OCC System.
- Cooperate with Automation project teams from the bidding phase to the delivery for what concern the definition and implementation of new solutions for the Control Centers, including integration, standardization, new platforms, and value added services.
- Ensure the execution of the Human Factor Analysis and the Ergonomic Design of the Integrated OCC, including the layouts arrangements and main furniture for the Control Centers.
- Ensure the identification, development, execution and progress monitoring of OCC System Test Procedures during test phases (FAT, FIT, SAT, SIT) both in factories and on-sites: definition of test plan, test procedures and execution of integrated tests and issue of the consequent test reports.
- Capitalization and sharing of knowledge (e.g. best practice, lesson learned).
- Dissemination of Automation technologies vs Company affected team.
- Support sharing of technological needs with other relevant Company units.
Job requirements Required Skills/ Knowledge
The candidate must have an advanced knowledge of the relevant system technologies as well the following skills:
Education / Qualifications
- Strong engineering and problem solving background
- High level of abstract and critical thinking
- Ability to simplify and articulate complex issues
- Capability on Achieving Assigned Objectives on time
- 5 -10 years of Railway/High-Speed Projects experience with strong leadership, planning and organization skills
- Capability to collaborate in International environment and to adapt to different cultures
- Excellent approach to Change Management
Scientific degree or equivalent technical background. Languages
English: Upper intermediate (written a spoken). Any additional language would be a plus. Benefits Hitachi Rail
employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/