Job description Job Description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Electrical Design Engineer
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks regarding Vehicle Electrical Design Issue. The position is based in Naples
. Availability to travel in Italy and abroad. Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities
- Development of structural calculation / FEM of mechanical frame for electrical cabinet and boxes
- Design of electrical subassemblies using 3D CAD tools
- Develop of technical documentation (mechanical and electrical) in GPLM integrated system
- Support to external engineering for co-design activities
- Management and support to supplier of component and frame for product definition
- Support to production and testing for prototype manufacturing
- Support to technical documentation for customer design review and homologation process
Job requirements Required Skills/ Knowledge
Desired Skills/ Knowledge
- Experience to perform the aforementioned accountabilities as dictated in section above
- Bachelor of Science or technical degree required preferably in mechanical engineering
- Experience (2 ÷ 3 years) in electrical/mechanical design for industrial or traction application
- Ability to read, understand and interpret mechanical drawing
- Ability to read, understand electrical schematics
Education / Qualifications
- Previous Experience in mechanical component design
- Basic knowledge of electrical circuit and electromechanical component
- Experience in use of 2D/3D CAD tools for development of mechanical drawings (Autocad, Creo, etc.)
- Experience in use of the main office automation software / tools (Word, Excel, Access, etc.).
- Basic working knowledge of Railway sector
- Basic Knowledge of standard reference norms of electrotechnical and electronic component, cables and connectors for railway application.
- Team working capability
- Problem solving capability
Mechanical Engineering or similar Degree or equivalent technical background. Languages
English written and spoken (B2 level or higher preferred).
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our follower!
Have a glance to our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts