Job description HITACHI RAIL
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Signaling Engineer On Board
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA. Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities:
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
- Develops and supports system and hardware solutions for metro and freight systems.
- Design hardware from requirements in accordance with established design principles, procedures, and specifications. This can be in the form of a PCB, enclosure, junction box, control cabinet, cable, antenna or anything else needed to function and interface on the vehicle.
- Prepare project and design documentation.
- Test hardware in lab and field environments to ensure compliance to requirements. This includes system integration testing with wayside, office and other systems as necessary.
- Perform and support environmental type testing of components and systems to ensure compliance to requirements.
- You will collaborate cross functionally and globally. Woven into our fabric is the core value that we are more successful collectively collaborating to create great results. While individual contributions are objectified and rewarded, succeeding as a team is favored over creating cast towers of individual knowledge.
- Provide hardware estimates for changes from either internal or external sources.
- Must be able to handle working in a dynamic environment with parallel responsibilities and competing priorities.
- Maintain the appropriate balance between speed and perfection while never compromising quality and safety.
- Support the customer, co-workers, field-testing or production issues on weekends or after hours (as needed).
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
- 7-10 years of hardware development experience
- Hardware Development Life Cycle - Conceptual to Manufacturing
- Experience developing hardware past PCBs
- Read and understand complex PCB schematics, Gerber files and design documentation
- Read and understand complex system level schematics and design documentation
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner while producing quality work.
- Effective written and verbal communications skills are imperatives to socialize and influence the organization.
- Lifelong learner that shares and teaches what you learn.
- Established troubleshooting, diagnostic, analytical and debugging skills
- Experience with developing factory and field test procedures.
- Display problem solving and analytical skills to provide optimal solutions.
- Display ability to think strategically as part of a group to understand and evaluate the potential impact of long-term decisions.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Display excellent time management skills.
- Display excellent organizational skills.
- Exhibit proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Transit and/or Freight Automatic Train Control (Traditional, PTC, CBTC, etc.)
- Mechanical Inclination
- NI LabVIEW programming
: Bachelor's Degree Languages:
English Proficiency Benefits:
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts