Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for a Project Engineer
to work on our projects in Greece and in EU.
This position will require someone that is looking to grow long-term within our business of metro solution. The position is based in Thessaloniki - Greece
. Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across 3 continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities
- Achievement of the delivery of design work packages on schedule and in accordance with the planned budget
- Responsible for leading work packet Project Monitoring and Control activities including maintaining schedule, MPR updates, meeting minutes, risk register, and change orders.
- Track performance and analyse the completion of key goals.
- Conduct regular meetings with clients to ensure clarification and meet specific requirements in a timely manner.
- Facilitates scope/requirement discussions with technical teams and customer.
- Document and report project progress to stakeholders and clients.
- Active participation in optimal overall project technical solution
- Understands and integrates applicable CMMI, CENELEC, AREMA, IEEE, IPC
- Ensure that project objectives are communicated to the project team and monitors that all technical project activities are aligned with the project schedule
- Ensure that correct Configuration Management (including document management and transmittal process) is always in place
- Delegate tasks to team members according to their individual skill sets, experience and abilities to ensure efficient completion of the project.
- Actively follow up requirement specification and integration compliance within the project and system disciplines.
Job requirements Required Skills/ Knowledge
Desired Skills/ Knowledge
- A minimum of 5 years' experience as work package leader or lead systems/software engineer for large software control system applications
- Prior experience with basic Project Management:
- Maintaining and controlling budget
- Schedule monitoring/development,
- Maintaining risk register,
- Resource and task management
- Extensive understanding and/or prior experience with software development lifecycles, delivery, and HW/SW integration lifecycle
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite, scheduling software (MS Project or Primavera), requirements management systems, and software configuration tools
- Demonstrated ability to lead, engage, and manage tasking of cross-functional teams of varying skills/experience
- Success with multi-tasking across multiple projects at given time
- Builds effective relationships and has exceptional communication and leadership skills
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Engineering or Information Technology Qualifications/University Degree or Equivalent Technical Background
Education / Qualifications
- Familiar with ATS products, technology, and project deliverables
- Prefer prior experience supporting Bids and Proposals for new work
- Experience with overall systems architecture design
- Experience with robust, mission critical control systems
- Experience with providing leadership in either a functional management or project management role
- Bachelor's Degree
- Languages: Greek, English
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/