Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.The Role
We are looking for fanatics about our customers problems and this role is responsible for working with external clients and internal stakeholders to develop, sell and deliver software and services solutions for the Transportation industry. The Solutions Architect, in partnership with the account team, leads the executive-level engagement with customers to develop a deep understanding of their strategic and IT business goals, and to develop, sell and deliver solutions that address these goals.
The role applies architectural, industry and interpersonal skills to engage and guide the customer regarding the challenges in today's market, industry trends, and the Hitachi Vantara portfolio and vision.
Working in partnership with Client Engagement and Account teams, the role leverages specialist knowledge of the Transportation industry alongside broad knowledge of the Hitachi Vantara solutions portfolio to provide high-level business and technical architectural guidance to align with the customer's long-term plan and strategy.
The Solutions Architect coordinates additional account resources as necessary and owns the long-term customer architectural blueprint, working to define and deliver best-fit solution roadmaps over multiple quarters/years.Responsibilities
• Establish new trusted executive and architectural relationships with major enterprise customers to support the client's business drivers and long-term strategy
• Develop enterprise-wide view of organization, systems and technology and establish the architectural vision for the opportunity, or account in general
• Lead business architecture design and best practice and develop core architectures that support industry-specific strategies
• Adopt responsibility for a wide range of architectural activities, working with internal account teams and clients to guide them through requirements analysis, application and/or process design specifications and design workshops
• Develops strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and can build consensus with a dispersed and diverse team of senior executives, business and systems architects and account managers
• Builds and maintains external relationships in academia and with industry bodies, vendors, and technology analysts to learn and influence
• Assess and interpret client business, process and IT strategies and roadmaps to determine feasible IT and OT architectural models and create customer Architectural "Blueprints" and future roadmaps for products, solutions, and services
• Participate in internal exploratory activities into new market sectors, architectural solutions, technologies and the use of partners, alliances and ecosystems
• Provide input and guidance to Product Management in support of developing products and solutions that are scalable and profitable in the Energy market
• Assess existing products applicability for the Transportation - Mobility market and suggest product direction, including for partner business unitsQualifications and Requirements
• Bachelor's degree in with a technology, engineering, or transportation alignment or at least 10 years of relevant experience is required
• Well-developed Transportation industry expertise, having a depth of understanding of both IT and business strategy spanning operations, finance, governance, and development
• A strategic thinker with the ability to understand a customer's long-term IT strategy, align it to a complex portfolio of solutions and articulate through storytelling
• Well-practiced in Enterprise and Solution Architecture, having applied in the design and implementation of enterprise-wide complex systems and likely holding certifications in TOGAF or having associated academic achievements
• Experience in developing Business Models and Value Propositions that describe and quantify the business value of a solution
• Broad and experiential knowledge of new solutions and technologies (Analytics, AI/ML, Big Data, Cloud, Agile IT, Containers, and various competitive offerings)
• Previous experience in consultancy roles; practical experience and expertise in moderating workshop and various design engagements
• A natural communicator with good presentation and interpersonal attributes, confident and comfortable leading discussions in the room
• Demonstrative expertise in delivering outcome focused solutions with a deep understanding of rail optimization digital and software technologies. Experience with Industrial IoT platforms and solutions to improve asset utilization, edge analytics, and condition-based maintenance• Experience with Video Intelligence use cases and technologies would be a nice to have
• Expertise in Transportation required and V2X (Vehicle 2 Everything) is highly desired.
• Experience managing broad stakeholder groups (business and technology) with the ability to converse and build relationships at a senior level
• Entrepreneurial drive with a can-do attitude, a strong desire to learn and shape own career path
• The ability to succeed in a start-up kind of environment where client and project direction is not always well defined
• Comfortable working as part of a diverse and geographically distributed team