Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., helps data-driven leaders use the value in their data to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and society - what we call a double bottom line. Only Hitachi Vantara combines 100+ years of experience in operational technology (OT) and 60+ years in IT to unlock the power of data from your business, your people and your machines. We help enterprises store, enrich, activate and monetize data for better customer experiences, new revenue streams and lower business costsThe Role
The Business Process Automation Lead for our Virtual Workforce Competency Center is the face for our company-wide business process improvement efforts. Responsibilities includes advocating for this topic and guiding the teams through various initiatives to achieve process excellence through automation and business process re-engineering. This includes identifying process improvement options, evaluating automation options with e.g. RPA, coordinating the efforts with the IT team, Business Process Management team and internal business partners in order to deliver projects according to plan. Oftentimes this will include close collaboration with the Offshore Shared Service Center for delivery of complex and critical projects/programs for the organization. Responsibilities
1. Lead the Virtual Workforce Competency Center consisting of a cross-functional teams with IT resources, Functional Subject Matter Experts, Business Process Experts and Project Managers.
- Creating the strategy and operational targets to achieve business process excellence through automation.
- Advocating for process automation and process re-engineering by liaising with key stakeholders, ensuring successful implementation of process changes, communicating successes through various channels, and promoting standard Governance approach.
- Analyzing business processes and seeking opportunities for improvements and standardization. Providing guidance to improve revenue/reduce cost, increase efficiency or increase business partners satisfaction level.
- Create business cases with detailed cost/benefit analysis to invest into critical improvement projects and oversee implementation.
- Manage process automation throughout all phases, starting with actively managing the opportunity pipeline to the benefit tracking of the implemented solution.
- Implementing transformational improvements, following process excellence best practices in the market, Lean principles, process automation with Robotics Process Automation and other concepts / methodologies.
- Support benchmarking and leverage best practices across functions, promoting a culture of process excellence to drive standardization across functions.
- Maintaining business process documentation and support for the change management process.
- Interact with various functions and levels across the organization.
- Manage external vendors, incl. contract negotiation, cost and quality tracking, relationship management.
2. Plan, execute and deliver complex/cross functional projects.
- Manage complex projects consistently with standardised methods, incl. the following areas: Project Integration Management (Creation of project charter, Project Management Plan), Scope Management, Schedule Management, Cost Management, Quality Management, Resource Management, Communication Management, Risk Management, Procurement Management, Project Stakeholder Management (RACI matrix, communication plan).
- Define and gain approval of business requirements.
- Taking accountability for project execution and quality project deliverables.
- Identify, share, and manage resource requirements of the project and planning.
- Optimize the project plan effectively to maximise benefits and minimise risk.
- Monitor and track project execution to effectively identify risks/issues/dependencies as they arise throughout the project lifecycle.
- Organize - coordinate various tests, including regression testing - User Acceptance Tests
- Lead status meetings, align with stakeholders and create project status reports for the team and upper Management
- Minimum 3+ years of project management experience, business process management, continuous improvement, process design or control, 5+ years with IT / Automation focus preferred.
- Understanding of IT infrastructure experience preferred. Application development and testing project experience is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and training, preferable within Finance.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) / Prince2 certification or equivalent certifications preferred.
- Experience with Agile (Scrum) Development and PM methodologies preferred. Scrum master and/or product owner certification is a plus.
- Automation certification preferred, e.g. Automation Anywhere.
- Experience in leading or supporting projects inside a multi-national / multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent communication skills, experience in cooperation with executive stakeholders.
- Excellent presentation skills to upper Management.
- Know-how of PMO tools - templates, like project plan - timeline (e.g. using MS Project), issue log, risk log etc.
- Knowledge of ERP applications (Oracle or SAP) and other IT applications (e.g. SharePoint) strongly desirable.
- Excellent computer proficiency including MS Office - Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, Visio and Project.
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken).
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.