Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.The Role
In this role you will evaluate and make improvements to business processes. You will ensure the efficiency of business operations and create and implement changes or improvements as needed. You will also generate documentation of existing processes and improvements, forecast expected results of process changes, analyse implemented changes, and make further adjustments to workflow, schedules or other processes as required.Responsibilities
- Evaluate Existing Business Processes - you will break down various business processes with flowcharts, manuals and other documentation outlining current practices. You will get the big picture by assembling this data and studying ways to make improvements.
- Create Documentation Outlining Process Improvements - you will develop documents that explain changes and how to implement them. You will write step-by-step instructions on how to change processes and ensure the relevant process documentation is created or updated in our process management tool Promapp.
- Manage Improvement Teams and Implementation Processes - You will oversee the process improvement implementation by working with managers, team members and other employees to ensure plans are built and prioritized, are clear and can be applied quickly and efficiently. You might often be involved in training staff in these changes.
- Conduct Ongoing Analyses - You will continue to monitor and assess various processes to ensure that the implemented changes are producing the desired outcomes. You will communicate the business results to the relevant teams and stakeholders.
- Business Process Documentation Management - You will be involved in re-writing - recommunication of departmental procedures and policies. You will ensure that all employees are familiar with relevant procedural changes and oversee the training of staff and creation of documents addressing new procedures and policies.
- Minimum 7-10 years' experience driving results driven process optimization with a bachelor's degree in business or a related field
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Strong communications skills (written and verbal) able to adapt to and influence at all levels of the organization through excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Detail-oriented and problem-solving, with ability to employ leadership and critical thinking
- Good at time management and can work effectively both independently and in teams
- Understand quality control concepts and able to develop creative and innovative ways to improve business processes
- Knowledge of diverse business processes in a wide range of industries. Preferably in the area of Process Architecture or ERP implementations
- Experience in the analysis and definition of complex business processes in an international context
- Demonstrated success using process optimization methodology in business process re-engineering
- Sound experience in development and design of process documentation including training manuals, process outlines, flowcharts and implementation procedures
- Knowledge of the Promapp process documentation tool will be an asset
- Experience coordinating efforts and initiatives with large and diverse teams who are not co-located
- Familiar with the phases of project management, as well as change and communication management strategies
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.