Solution engineer will be responsible for architect, design, implement, test, automate and document of Hitachi Converged Solutions for Containers. The candidate will develop as well as provide ongoing recommendations and best practices to customers from both technical and operational perspectives. The solution engineer will provide technical leadership by developing technical white papers and training for the delivery of the technical architecture design. Job Functions:
- Research, design, implement, test, troubleshoot, automate and document architectures for container solutions on Hitachi Unified Converged Platform
- Optimization and automation of Hitachi Unified Converged Platform infrastructure processes and improve manageability of the cloud environment
- Develop and deliver test plans, lab reports, best practices, technical presentations, analyst briefings, and white papers to address various areas of Hitachi Vantara Converged solutions.
- Be the technical focal point for solution segment(s) that you are assigned
- Work with Engineering and partners (if appropriate) to properly set test (and performance) goals. After agreement, develop, review and execute test plan. Debug issues as they come up. Testing can be done with the Hitachi Vantara lab environment or an outside lab if appropriate
- Support, assist, and consult with all levels of Hitachi Vantara, including Account Executives, Product Management, Product Marketing, Product Support, VP, etc, through delivery of technical presentations and reports.
- Responsible for ongoing recommendations and best practices for Hitachi UCP Converged and Hyper-Converged solutions around business continuity, high availability, backup, recovery and archiving.
- Responsible for ongoing management of configuration and layout of UCP solution infrastructure.
- Hands on experience with designing and implementing microservices based architectures, container solutions with tools like Kubernetes, VMware Tanzu/PKS, Red Hat OpenShift, Mesos and Docker. VMware Tanzu and Red Hat OpenShift experience is preferred.
- Software development experience in design, coding, unit testing and system testing of integration solutions or software appliances.
- Coding experience with Python, Perl, PHP, Ruby, UNIX shell scripting, etc and IT automation/orchestration technologies such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Jenkins, Terraform etc.
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator is preferred.
- Knowledge in enterprise virtualization solutions using VMware vSphere. VMware Certified Professional preferred.
- Advanced problem solving skills
- Experience coding to product API is a plus
- Performance tuning and benchmarking is a plus.
- A team player and fast technology adoption is a must.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem solver and ability to work independently.
- Excellent internal and external customer skills. Possess the ability to work and communicate with the senior technical and executive levels including consultants, SE, DSM, PM, VP, etc.
- Possess the ability to work on extremely complex problems where analysis of situations or conditions requires an evaluation of intangible variance factors with solutions in the $100K to $20M spectrum.
- Exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques, and evaluation criterion for obtaining results and formatting these results in such a way as to benefit the corporation's customers, partners, SALES, REVENUE, and overall PROFIT.
- Ability to justify and quantify findings and analysis where decisions would impact customers, partners, SALES, REVENUE, and PROFIT, as well as, HITACHI VANTARA' reputation.
- Requires a BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in open systems hardware and software and networking infrastructure.