Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value. The Role
The Build Engineer position implements and maintains the tools and procedures created to support the source code management and build requirements for our software applications. In addition, the Build Engineer position is involved in the support, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of build automation pipelines, infrastructure, code compilation processes, software release version control, dependency management, and source code lifecycle management. Strong communication skills are necessary for regular interactions with software engineers, assisting in branch management, and software deployment. Responsibilities
- Configures and maintains the specific build environments including Jenkins, GitHub, Gitlab, Sonar, JFrog Artifactory, Harbor, Blackduck, and others.
- Creates and maintains CI/CD build pipelines in Jenkins, GitHub Actions, Argo, Tekton, Drone, and similar.
- Analyzes the build environment and develops detail change suggestions for enhancements and new solutions.
- Ensures that all required environment documentation exists and is updated (configuration item information), published and understood by all users.
- Designs and creates automation for builds of new versions of software releases
- 1-3 years experience as a Build Engineer
- Senior level Maven and Gradle expertise
- 1-2 years authoring/editing/testing build framework makefile scripts (Maven, Gradle, Ant, Npm, Golang)
- 1-2 years experience with build frameworks with Java and other dependency management capabilities (Maven, Gradle, Ant, Npm, Golang)
- 1-2 years building multi-project applications with Jenkins or similar.
- 1-2 years scripting project build jobs with Jenkins pipelines or other DSLs.
- 1-2 years setting up and configuring dependency management repositories Nexus or Artifactory
- 1-2 years using containers and containerization in production build environments
- 1-3 years Unix scripting
- 1-3 years of Linux administration
- Some experience and understanding of modern container orchestration with Kubernetes
- Awareness of cluster provision and configuration with Terraform, Ansible and similar
- Understand of parallel development methodologies using Git, SVN or equivalent
- Demonstrates ability to manage multiple tasks and projects
- Demonstrates a meticulous attention to detail
- Demonstrates the ability to be self-directing with strong prioritization and time-management skills
- Proven ability to quickly learn new applications and systems
- Background in complex software environments
- Commercial Software Experience, Installer Experience
- Understanding of agile or other iterative software development methodologies
- Some understanding and usage of cloud infrastructure platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.) We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.