Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.The Role
This position will suit a candidate with experience as a developer and thorough knowledge of cloud concepts on GCP, AWS or Azure, someone who is an effective communicator, and documents and produces report effectively. You will focus on increasing automation capabilities using Terraform, Ansible, CloudFormation, or similar tools and services. Leverage expertise in Cloud architectural constructs as well as Cloud-specific technologies and services using knowledge of Cloud APIs to establish and maintain Cloud environments programmatically. Perform engineering and management tasks in planning, development, test, production, operations, and maintenance environments. Engage with multiple functional groups to comprehend challenges and prototype new ideas. Experience deploying high volume applications in Google Cloud Platform, AWS or Azure using automation strongly preferred.
Role - DevOps Engineer - Infrastructure
Total Experience - 12-18 Years
Location - HyderabadResponsibilities
• Setup, monitor and maintain DevOps cloud-based SAAS products and solutions involving IoT, big data, microservices, cloud, containers and machine learning.
• Setup and maintain lab and cloud infrastructure environments.
• Setup and maintain Kubernetes clusters on prem and on the cloud.
• System troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains
• Ensuring critical system security through the use of best in class cloud security solutions.
• 5+ years of experience with networking, infrastructure, virtualization, SAN storage
• Strong understanding of networking technologies with some experience installing and configuring routers and firewalls (Cisco, Fortinet, Juniper)
• Desired experience installing, cabling and building on-prem servers on the following hardware platform (Hitachi, HP, Dell, VMWare, SAN storage, Cisco or Fortinet firewalls)
• 3+ years of experience with build, deployment, and release automation and orchestration
• 3+ years of experience with supporting enterprise Cloud applications and on-premise infrastructure
• 3+ years of experience with Docker and container orchestration using Kubernetes
• 3+ experience with automation orchestration, and configuration management tools such as Chef/Ansible/ Puppet /Terraform
• 3+ years of experience with infrastructure as code environments, including any activities around automated server or network configurations, large-scale software deployments, and monitoring and testing, such as CI/CD
• Experience in Big data technologies such as Spark, Cassandra, HDFS, Kafka, Druid, Hive, HBase, ELK stack in a complex Big Data product/project
• Experience with agile and Scrum
• Infrastructure and APM monitoring using tools such as Zabbix, Nagios, Splunk, DataDog, PagerDuty, AppDynamics etc.
• Strong background in Linux/Unix administration
• Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS/GCP is required)
• Experience with Big data operations and tuning
• Ability to work with distributed teams in a collaborative and productive manner
• Strong problem solving, analytical, design, architecture, decision-making and communication skills.
• Self-driven and motivated with the desire to work in a fast-paced, results-driven agile environment with varied responsibilities
• Must be able to work independently and in a team environmentQualifications
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.