Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.The Role
In this role as Director of Product Management, Converged and Cloud Solutions you will be the team leader responsible for Hitachi Vantara's Converged infrastructure offerings for private and hybrid / multi-cloud deployments. Working collaboratively with multiple cross-functional teams, the resulting outcomes will deliver unprecedented value to customers. Utilizing your business insight and market expertise, you will define product and solution vision, drive strategy and roadmap, and deliver innovative private - hybrid / multi-cloud cloud solutions utilizing scalable, software defined converged and hyperconverged infrastructure and intelligent application infrastructure automation and management software. Collaborating with industry thought leaders and domain experts along with co-creating with innovative enterprise organizations, you will lead a high performance team of Product Managers to be the 'voice of the customer' and deliver on Hitachi's mission of pioneering next generation digital infrastructure solutions enabling a differentiating customer experience for traditional and cloud-native applications deployed in virtualized, containerized, and bare metal environments.
- As Director of Product Management, your responsibilities encompass multiple hardware and software products and a diverse and evolving solution portfolio. You have leadership responsibility for:
- The Unified Compute Platform (UCP) portfolio of converged and hyperconverged infrastructure products along with the Adaptive Solutions portfolio working with our partner, Cisco.
- an intelligent application infrastructure automation and management platform via the Unified Compute Platform Advisor, along with VMware, Kubernetes, and additional ecosystem integrations.
- a portfolio of solutions that span diverse workloads in datacenter, remote office, - edge environments utilizing Private Cloud to Hybrid/Multi-cloud deployments for always-on production and DevOps.
- Innovation, creativity, and an outside-the-box mindset are all keys to your success as you work with cross functional stakeholders and delve into real market-driven business needs
- Ability to quickly build credibility and trust with team members and key stakeholders
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a dynamic environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with being a dynamic and engaging speaker comfortable in front of audiences of all sizes and backgrounds
- Ability to influence without authority is a must-have skill along with cross-cultural sensitivity as we work closely across Americas, EMEA and APAC
- Ability to cultivate an understanding of what information is required to drive which decisions
- Minimum 10 years of technical product management experience
- Minimum 5 years of team leadership and managerial experience
- 5-10 years of in-depth knowledge and experience in enterprise infrastructure management - automation, spanning across software defined infrastructure, VMware virtualization and other virtualization solutions, Kubernetes/containers, and hybrid/multi-cloud and automation technologies such as Ansible - Terraform
- Minimum 5 years of experience in defining, building, and delivering solutions from ideation using one or more of the technologies/verticals listed above
- Minimum 2 years of experience in IaaS/PaaS/Cloud business models and technologies
- Strong knowledge and experience with infrastructure and hardware technologies like compute, networking, and storage mandatory
- Experience in Software as a Service product management or Public Cloud services creation and / or usage is desired
- Vertical domain experience in one or more industries such as Telco, Finance, Healthcare, Oil - Gas, Retail a plus
- Experience in Engineering and Technology Strategy role is a plus
- Master's in business preferred, Minimum Bachelor's degree in computer science or related
- 10% domestic and international travel may be required
- The position will be based in Santa Clara, CA
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.