Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.The Role
The IT Project-Program Manager, Specialist is responsible for leading multiple IT projects simultaneously in a fast paced global environment. Responsibilities include defining, planning and executing projects according to set deadlines, specific budget, scope and technical standards. This includes identifying resources, coordinating the efforts of IT team members, internal business partners and third party contractor or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. Oftentimes this will include close collaboration with the Offshore Shared Service Center for delivery of projects.Responsibilities
- • Manage Information Technology project timelines, budgets and interdependencies related to network planning, improvement initiatives, software development, new product launches, operational systems improvements, and other projects as established by corporate operating plan.
• Ability to plan, execute and deliver high quality software or IT infrastructure projects that solve real business needs.
• Interfaces with internal business clients to understand business issues/needs and ensure that client expectations are in line with delivery plans
• Run complex projects/programs from design and development to production.
• Ability to concurrently manage multiple projects $200k to $2M in size.
• Ability to coalesce a team around a common goal and vision, encouraging others to be their best
• Lead cross functional project calls and planning sessions.
• Communicate across functional areas and update project statuses to keep project teams informed of progress and/or significant changes.
• Establish criteria and communication procedures within IT with stakeholder organizations to determine how projects should be timed, resourced, and prioritized.
• Facilitate discussion across project teams to resolve conflicts such as implementation timing or resource dedication.
• Confers with project personnel to identify and resolve problems.
• Create strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning.
• Assist in establishing metrics to analyze project performance where relevant and needed.
• Ability to develop and execute to project plans, schedules, estimates, resource plans, budgets and charters.
• Prepares project reports, dashboard and summaries for management, client, or other internal customers.
• Review status reports prepared by project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
• Reviews project proposal or plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing projects, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases or projects.
• Develops Requests for Proposals (RFP) for external services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.