Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.Summary
The Head of Cloud Engineering - Insights will have technical depth in four major pillars to articulate how the Digital Insights Cloud Solutions Group solve business and technical problems. They will identify opportunities for innovation, how they are used in the market and to challenge Principal Architects on solution architectures to ensure they are using cloud acceleration platforms and creating state of the art solutions for our clients. Additionally, this person will have the ability to articulate our group's value propositions, solutions, win themes and project vignettes in a way that wins the confidence of senior business and technical leaders / executives and senior technical staff while engaging software vendors with GTM solutions.Responsibilities
- The ability to visualize and articulate the story of strategic product, solution, and customer initiatives. Can see the story arc for modernization and digital transformation projects inside HV and for our customers.
- Demonstrates aptitude to map technical solutions to business problems to create business value.
- Knows how to and naturally starts with "why is this important?" Then goes to What and How.
- Proven ability to analyze the fundamentals of our business and identify critical blockers and non-people / relationship-based solutions. Can systematically identify and solve problems. Understands when we need to apply a systematic / process-based solution to problems so that we not just fix the incident in our business but solves the problem in the future. Can operationalize and manage the fix above.
- Can identify, codify, and articulate the Hitachi Vantara, Digital Insights and REAN Cloud practice, group and organizational principles.
- Knows how to structure, organize, and win strategic (large, complex, innovative) deals.
- Understands and can manages customers to coach them to mutually agreeable solutions to project, technical, relationship and business problems.
- Demonstrates a consultative selling style to guide prospective clients to solutions.
- Can craft and articulate key business and technical ideas to marketing to generate differentiated material in the target region.
- Shows the ability to identify high performers and mentor them to excel within the organization.
- Demonstrates the ability to create and execute developing staff into at all levels of software organizations. Ability to create analysis and reports on the above initiatives.
- Develop strategies to grow revenue, increase margins and boost innovation globally, and develop the execution plans.
- Collaborate with Global peers across different regions, HV organizations and functions to create solutions and drive go to market activities globally and their region.
- Drive GTM in conjunction with Sales, Marketing, Business Development and Executive Leadership at HV.
- Mentor and grow Practice Principals, Practice Directors and Principal Architects to drive deeper and more innovation solutions for our clients.
- Possess a deep understanding of HV Product, Solution Offering, REAN Platform and repeatable solution lines, and can map them to client business and technical problems to drive growth and margin.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science desired or equivalent and relevant work experience will be required.
- Python or Java and Spark.
- Professional cloud certification, Google, AWS or Azure.
- Demonstrates history of creating and implementing data solutions solving high value business problems for clients using data, the Cloud, modern software development methodologies, Big Data, data science (Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning (AI/ML)) and Internet of Things (IOT).
- Demonstrates the ability to help sales organizations to scope, solution and win highly complex and strategic technical projects.
- Proven ability to manage relationships with technical and business leaders / executives and senior technical staff.
- Thought leadership, white papers, blogs in the Data and AI space.
- Exhibits understanding of DevOps, DataOps, AIOps, Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment, and other automation capabilities to drive operational efficiencies and achieve business outcomes.
- Proven track record of Agile and Lean development within large enterprises as well as small teams. Articulates how Agile development, Lean decision making, automation, Cloud technologies and the four pillars of Cloud-native development, AI/ML, Big Data and IOT combine to enable digital transformation for firms.
- Possesses experience and understanding of how to measure the performance of client facing software development and Big Data projects. Ability to measure success technically, programmatically and ensuring how to meet client's tactical and strategic goals.
- Able to create, analyze and communicate key performance metrics about the performance of the Digital Insights Cloud Solutions Group.
- Manages providing key business information to the operations team and troubleshoots and resolves problems with gathering, analyzing, and reporting of business information to Hitachi.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.