Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.The Role
Hitachi Vantara is searching for a passionate communications professional to help drive and execute our internal communications and employee engagement programs. This person will play a key role in driving employee initiatives within the EMEA region, as well as supporting global internal communication activities that keep colleagues connected regardless of physical location.
The Internal Communications Specialist will work to ensure employees are informed and engaged ambassadors of Hitachi Vantara. Proven writing skills required in a creative, business-like style, strong organizational skills, and can-do attitude are essential for this position. While the Internal Communications Specialist will collaborate closely with their teammates in the U.S. and APAC, this person must be a proactive, self-starter who is comfortable working both independently and in teams.
She/He will report to the Director of Global Internal Communications. Responsibilities
- Develop, edit, manage, implement / distribute internal communications and campaigns that connect employees with company priorities and the culture of the organization
- Research, write, edit and post compelling content in multiple formats for various vehicles
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across the business to successfully complete projects, keeping them informed of progress and act as a resource to answer questions
- Review essential communications prior to dissemination to ensure accuracy, clarity, and appropriateness
- Distribute local, regional and company-wide messaging through various communication channels including email and intranet
- Measure all communications-related materials and routinely analyze communications performance
- Champion the use of the intranet, collaboration tools, etc.to ensure employees stay engaged and informed
- 3-5 years of writing/editing/proofreading experience in corporate communications, change management communications,employee communications, marketing or related field preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, English or a related field
- Writing skills required in creative, business-like style for print, electronic, and various other media; writing samples required
- Strategic and creative thinker with strong attention to details
- Strong project management and planning skills
- Proven ability to meet changing demands and adapt to frequently changing priorities
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional and proven English language skills: written, verbal, and editing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. SharePoint Online and Office 365 experience preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.