Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.The Role
The Level 1 Service Desk Technician's role is to provide professional, courteous, and effective technical support and customer service to all internal employees. At a high level, this includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting and resolving/escalating end user's requests and issues. Responsibilities
- Field incoming interactions to the Service Desk via phone, Chat and self-service regarding computer related and mobile device related requests and issues.
- During end user interactions, document all pertinent user information, request/issue details and troubleshooting steps taken in the ticketing tool.
- Using company established rules, prioritize end user's requests and issues.
- Using documented policies and procedures and IT management tools, troubleshoot and resolve the issue/request or escalate to the appropriate group.
- Communicate effectively with end users in all stages of the incident management process; including initial interaction, triage, escalation and status updates as requested.
- Manage individual incident queues in a timely manner to ensure all end user requests and issues are addressed within their appropriate SLA.
- Attend training sessions to learn relevant IT knowledge and company specific applications to provide timely support to our end users.
- Participate in team projects that enhance the effectiveness of the Service Desk.
- Other duties as needed.
- Associate's Degree in Computer Science or other related field or 1.5 years equivalent work experience.
- Working knowledge of computer hardware and software.
- Working knowledge of computer operating systems; including Windows 7, Windows 10 and OS X.
- Understanding of Active Directory, Exchange Management Console, SCCM, MobileIron, Citrix XenDesktop and Cisco VPN.
- Understanding of mobile device support; including Android and iOS.
- Interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills.
- Proven customer service skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to retain information and training quickly.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Punctual and reliable.
- 40-hour on-site work week
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Fluency in English and French (both written and spoken).
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard and mouse.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.