Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., helps data-driven leaders use the value in their data to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and society - what we call a double bottom line. Only Hitachi Vantara combines 100+ years of experience in operational technology (OT) and 60+ years in IT to unlock the power of data from your business, your people and your machines. We help enterprises store, enrich, activate and monetize data for better customer experiences, new revenue streams and lower business costs.The Role
As ITSM - CMDB ServiceNow Engineer/Lead you will be responsible for managing the ServiceNow ITSM configuration, and standardizing the CMDB for Global IT. The position will be based in Krakow, Poland.
As a key member of the Hitachi Vantara IT organization, you will be responsible for driving consistency and continuous improvement in IT services, champion a user-centric and process improvement organization culture. You will work with other leaders in Hitachi Vantara to deliver ITSM CMDB services, identify and drive Operational Excellence initiatives to deliver IT changes with excellence, reduce Incidents and MTTR, and drive efficiency and implement automation throughout our processes.
This is a high-visibility role reporting to the ITSM and Shared Services Manager, Global IT with a high level of interaction with leaders in the IT department.Responsibilities
- Lead the development and refinement of the ITSM CMDB process, configuration, and maintenance ensuring integration with other relevant processes and functions in line with best practice (ITIL v3/4)
- Configure and Maintain the CMDB including identifying what level of CI's to capture
- Work with Asset Manager to maintain asset inventory with appropriate details
- Work with the ITOM Engineer to make the CMDB Service aware with Service Mapping.
- Configure, implement, maintain, and use Data and Health certification to benchmark CMDB health, validate data accuracy and maintain data.
- Ensure the CMDB is integrated with Incident, Problem, and Change processes to improve management of the IT environment.
- Interact directly with IT leaders, Managers, and key stakeholders to develop, configure, and maintain CMDB.
- Develop, monitor, and report operational metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs) for CMDB.
- Lead identification and implementation of operational excellence items which improve consistent delivery of services, reduce tickets and MTTR, and automate workload, both by improving processes and process compliance, and through executing changes in ServiceNow that enhance and make the services more efficient/effective.
- Provides training and mentoring for functional teams to ensure that process guidelines are understood and followed.
To be successful in this role, you will need the following prior experience and skills:
- Minimum 5 years technical support experience with at least 2 years in IT CMDB experience; preferably ServiceNow and data analytics.
- A broad knowledge of IT application, network, and infrastructure technologies.
- Strong executive customer communication and influencing skills, with the ability to communicate new concepts effectively and drive change in process and behaviors.
- Solid experience working with a global team focused on delivering IT services.
- Experience driving process change and improvement using ServiceNow.
- Process Improvement experience across organizations.
- Extensive experience working with ServiceNow and identifying improvements in ServiceNow that improve the services.
- Ability to be a company-wide change-agent that influences strategic actions and mindset changes.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills. Must be able to develop compelling business presentations and communicate technical topics to a business audience.
- A continuous improvement mindset with demonstrated ability to drive programs that reduce cost, increase agility, and have measurable key performance indicators and metrics.
- A customer service mindset with focus on developing and improving technology services and operations that are driven by customer needs and requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering, business, or IT discipline.
- ITIL v3/4 Certification
- ServiceNow CIS - IT Service Management
- ServiceNow MC - Configure the CMDB
- ServiceNow MC - CMDB Health
- ServiceNow MC - Asset Models Management
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.