Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.
Each and every person at Hitachi Vantara has a positive impact. The ways we act, lead and work create outcomes that matter. Collectively, we are part of a strong culture of teams that collaborate to reach a common goal. Join us and bring your passion for innovation and creating what's next.The Role
The role of the Junior Storage Operations Engineer
is a customer facing service operation position in Hitachi Vantara's Managed Services division. This individual supports a L2/L3 operations team responsible for the delivery of Storage as a Service (StaaS) to a specific client based on agreed SLAs, maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
The Block Storage Engineer will be involved in daily operations, complex incident and problem resolution and will build a technical gateway to Hitachi Vantara's delivery organisation and introduce of new methods, tools and technologies based on the corporate availability to the team, to increase the efficiency of storage operations. Managing the integration of selected innovations into daily operations is part of the role as well as contribution to increase the level of automation. This individual guarantees the stability and seamless operation of Hitachi Vanara's storage estate, specifically the block and unified storage. The role requires readiness for working in Shift System as well as On-Call out of hours rota.Requirements
Would be an asset:
- Minimum of 1 year client systems support and minimum 3 years of IT work experience
- Experience in Infrastructure environments/architectures (Storage, Network, Compute)
- Understanding of Block and Unified storage concepts and software
- Understanding of IT service Management processes and methods (ITIL)
- Ability to work with minimal supervision - self-motivated and self-contained
- Analytical and problem resolving attitude
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize in accordance with changing deadlines and priorities
- Willing to learn and pick up new technologies quickly
- Communicating highly technical information adequately to both technical and non-technical personnel
- Fluent written and spoken English language, German would be an asset
- At least Bachelor's degree (preferred in IT or related field)
- Hands-on experience on Enterprise storage
- Hands-on experience on Configuring and Managing storage replication
- Knowledge on storage Virtualization - Migration techniques.
- Hands on experience on SAN fabric, Virtual Fabric (VSAN), FCIP Configuration - management.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.