Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.The Role
We are seeking for Junior Revenue Performance Analyst role works in a dynamic collaborative environment supporting sales - services associates in deal structuring in an internal and external customer-facing role. Responsibilities
- Repeatable processing of all order intake with ownership for end to end order processing of low and medium complexity deals along with the associated accounting.
- Providing the financial review and processing for all multiple element sales and lease transactions, as directed, including Product sales, Professional Services, Maintenance Services and Managed Services, whether stand-alone or when included in a multi element arrangement.
- Consistently works with and processes all arrangements with standard contract terms assessing the arrangements to record proper revenue and cost recognition using the IFRS15, IFRS16 accounting standards as well as Company policies.
- Assisting Sales, Sales Ops, Legal, and the Professional Services and Maintenance Services teams in all finance related aspects when necessary.
- Assigned to support a territory consisting of a Region, Country, or District.
- The Jr. Revenue Performance Analyst may be partnered with a Sr. Revenue Performance Analyst for guidance and direction in a team setting.
- Collaborates and receives guidance from the Sr. Revenue Performance Analyst, the Revenue, the Deal Team Lead / Manager or the GEO Revenue Performance Manager to assists Sales and Sales Ops personnel on deal structuring and to optimize company revenue and recording proper revenue and cost accounting entries.
- Support sales campaigns in the Opportunity, Quote and Order phases and engage with the Share Center personnel as part of the Revenue to Cash process.
- Revenue recognition and cost recognition conclusions and accounting using customer contracts, quotes, and orders on deals as directed and based on low and medium deal/contract complexity.
- Using Sales Force CRM, Oracle ERP, Zuora RevPro revenue system and the Kimble PSA system to perform the role
- All required documentation per Company Policy.
- Includes securing of the proper financial approvals as appropriate.
- Adheres to the Company's financial JSOX controls, processes, and policies.
- Order Management
- Create, validate, and position sales and services quotes while processing all orders within the Company's CRM and ERP platforms for the accurate and timely fulfillment and delivery of goods and services Support export compliance requirements
- Fulfillment Orchestration
- Tracking and communicating any order related and delivery related information to customers, partners and sales teams as required
- Obtain customer acknowledgements related to quotes or order changes
- Liaise with Distribution and Logistics for shipment and delivery information
- Contract management
- Support the creation of contracts for standard transactions
- Engage Sr Revenue Performance Analyst or Revenue - Deal Team Lead/Manager for any financial terms - conditions involving terms that deviate from the Company standards and any terms affecting the timing of revenue recognition.
- Responsible for collection and maintaining the Company contract library
- Deal Support
- Engages daily with and support Sales, Sales Operations and Commercial Operation teams in the sales cycle assisting with financial non-pricing related deal structuring and all order processing of multi-element orders including sale orders, lease orders, professional services and equipment maintenance - software support orders to maximize win probability by offering business finance alternatives on standard arrangements.
- Optimized Company revenue including the timing of revenue recognition while adhering to Company policies.
- Support the Managed Services and Cloud Services business solutions initiatives as requested for all business units within Hitachi Vantara
- Assist the Sr Revenue Performance Analyst with the creation of custom Enterprise License Agreements (ELA's) including any required Finance Terms and Conditions
- Assist in the financial non-pricing related aspects of Request For Proposal ("RFP"); Request for Quote ("RFQ") or Request for Tender responses as required
- Order Processing and Revenue Recognition
- Responsible and accountable for the review, validation, approval and submission of all orders and contracts that fall under the role assignment for proper and timely booking, revenue, and cost recognition.
- Ensure all assigned transactions have proper documentation and approvals for any standard and nonstandard financial Contract Terms and Conditions.
- Ensure all assigned deals are evaluated for compliance with IFRS, JSOX and Hitachi Vantara policies
- Responsible for the final review and submission of the IFRS Compliance Checklist for all assigned orders. This includes providing all supporting documentation to substantiate the Company's revenue and cost recognition conclusions.
- Review and approve Professional Services Statements of Work ("SOWs") that are stand-alone or in a bundled multiple element arrangement to determine and document any issues from a revenue recognition or IFRS perspective. This includes obtaining proper contract documentation for SOWs to support the revenue recognition conclusions.
Finance Terms - Conditions and Non-Pricing Deal Structuring Elements
- Support internal and external financial audits and JSOX related audits
- Assist with training the Field Sales and Sales Operations personnel on Finance policies and practices
- Ad hoc reporting, analysis and investigations as required
- Works with the Company's account and sales data update team ("MDM") to make changes to the customer, sales, and territory database as required
- Interact directly with Channel and Direct Sales Partners as required
- Demonstrates Hitachi Vantara's core values (Customer Focus, Community, Openness, Ownership and Leadership)
- Verify all Payment terms and credit holds while working with the Company Credit - Collections team
- Review quotes, orders, and contracts for
o Financial Penalties
o Acceptance criteria and risk of loss
o Invoicing Terms
o Enterprise License Agreement Terms and Conditions
o Product and Services Concessions
o Contracted Service Credits, rebates, and refunds
o Performance Guarantees
o Tax related Terms and Conditions
o Foreign Exchange rate terms, as appropriate
o Equipment buy-backs, trade ins, and financial rebates
o Free offerings and future pricing options
o Leasing terms
- All levels and roles of Sales and Sales Operations
- External Customers / Partners
- All levels of GEO / Country / Region Finance, Accounting and Revenue Management
- Sr Revenue Performance Analyst
- GEO Revenue and Deal Team Leads and or Managers
- GEO Revenue Manager
- Global Director of Revenue and Compliance
- Corporate Controller
- Distribution Centers (order fulfillment, and logistics teams)
- Internal Auditor and External Auditors
- Legal/Contracts Managers
- Shared Service Center personnel
- Other Field and Corporate Finance related functions and roles
- BS/BA in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- CPA, CMA or MBA achieved or started is preferable
- Proficient in Korean language (other than English) skills
- Minimum of two years' experience in related finance functions associated with revenue and in a related Industry
- Experience in applying IFRS15 - IFRS16 revenue recognition and lease qualification standards related to customer contracts is preferable
- Demonstrated ability to partner with sales and services colleagues to achieve success
- Demonstrated ability to proactively engage others to overcome obstacles and provide alternative solutions
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office suite of products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Proficient use of financial modeling tools and concepts is a plus
- Ability to work independently, while prioritizing many complex tasks in order to meet deadlines as well as working with a remote team.
- Experience in influencing and communicating with multiple levels of people, both inside and outside the company.
- Customer, service-oriented mindset
- Shared Services experience a plus
- Experience with Oracle, Salesforce a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.