For over 100 years, Hitachi Vantara Federal has been inventing the future through an innovative mindset and leading the way in data-driven solutions. Hitachi Vantara Federal is meeting an urgent and fast-growing demand that combines technology, intellectual property, and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions. Our company is positioned to continue to deliver extraordinary outcomes that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of businesses. We drive advantage for our clients by combining IT, operational technology (OT), and domain expertise. Join our team today to help continue to make the extraordinary happen.Linux Admin
- Minimum 3 years of experience with strong technical knowledge and hands-on experience in: Linux operating system administration (Redhat, AIX, Solaris) with emphasis on Volume management. Knowledge on ScaleIO is an added advantage
- Up to date hands-on experience on RedHat is a must. AIX and/or Solaris experience is required. Could be used a while ago but candidate had to be proficient in these OSes.
- Understanding of differences between SAN and NAS storage: pros, cons, where fits better, when to use, when not recommended.
- Standard office automation products (Word, Excel, Outlook);
- Able to work remotely as required;
- Prior experience in large scale enterprise infrastructure support
- Experience in Infrastructure Support Group in a high availability/mission critical environment;
- Experience in managing communications across business and technology stakeholders at varying levels across a medium to large scale enterprise;
- Experience of Linux Systems Administration to a certifiable level;
- Analytic and methodical approach to problem solving;
- Ability to remain calm and objective in a high-pressure environment;
- Must have strong self-management and be ready to use own initiative; communication, influencing and organizational skills are a must;
- Demonstrate accountability, leadership, independent initiatives and willingness to lead and work with teams across multiple locations and time zones;
- Strong team player skills;
- Flexible and being able to manage time effectively;
- Able to work with sense of urgency under multiple deadlines and successfully organize and complete tasks with minimal supervision;
- Fluent English.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.