Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., helps data-driven leaders use the value in their data to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and society - what we call a double bottom line. Only Hitachi Vantara combines 100+ years of experience in operational technology (OT) and 60+ years in IT to unlock the power of data from your business, your people and your machines. We help enterprises store, enrich, activate and monetize data for better customer experiences, new revenue streams and lower business costsThe Role
Primary Job Responsibilities
• Partner closely with Logistics Service Providers to proactively ensure all import shipments are monitored, timely customs clearance obtained and delivery commitments to customers are met.
• Develop key relationships with key stakeholders to facilitate smooth and seamless in country logistics process.
• Create and provide appropriate paperwork to facilitate effective customs clearance.
• Ensure import declarations are accurate and in compliance with relevant customs' import/export regulations.
• Coordinate final leg delivery requirements with key stakeholders and customers.
• Keep correct and appropriate record of all shipping documents based on local government requirements.
• Vendor management and accountability: evaluate and select logistics service providers, freight forwarders, suppliers, and other partners. Conduct Monthly/Quarterly performance review with Logistics Service Providers. Hold them accountable to the established standards and requirements.
• Stay up to date on local Import/Export regulations and keep origin country closely informed on any changes in customs requirements.
• Manage the application and approval of any regulatory licenses to facilitate import/export process as required.
• Create / maintain import/export SOPs
• Manage timely Product RMA and Spares returns to respective Distribution Center.
• Review and verify Logistics Service Provider's freight/transportation billing and coordinate payment by Hitachi.
• Manage appropriate disposal arrangement of product/spares with local recycle company.
• Continuously identify and recommend areas for improvement and implement the necessary changes.
• Responsible for developing and implanting any logistics plans and procedures specific to the relevant region.
• Review different transport and storage options and complete a cost-benefit analysis to determine the most effective solution relevant to Hitachi needs in the region.
• Other ad hoc duties as required.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.