Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.The Role
You will be part of a center of expertise that delivers business program/project management, service mastery and process management to the Global Sales organization including collaboration with cross functional teams within Hitachi Vantara. We drive discipline, standardization and best practices with the goal of delivering productivity, efficiency, and innovation. Your role would be to manage medium to large project(s)/program(s) with moderate to high risk. You will collaborate among cross-functional teams and your work will impact external as well as internal customers. You will ensure that PMO service mastery is maintained and framework used when conducting projects and processes are documented in our BPM tool.Responsibilities
- Project/Program Scoping: Initiate and define the project, incorporate best practices into the strategy (e.g. PRINCE2 best practices of Integration, Scope, Time, Quality, Communication, Risk, and Procurement Management).
- Planning: Create the roadmap, define standards, identify risks to project success - create mitigation plans, and define metrics for project/program success.
- Implementation: Administer the project, manage project operating costs, and mentor other team members.
- Stakeholder management: Identify and establish partnerships with stakeholders to build support, secure sponsorship, and ensure alignment for project outcomes, end products, and/or solutions.
- Change Management: Drive change by identifying impacts of the project, building awareness and support for change within the organization, and contributing to development of training.
- Continuous Improvement: Evaluate project progress and results against success metrics. Create or reengineer processes, resources, and/or structure to gain productivity and other project improvements.
- Project Integration Management: Leading the processes and activities needed to identify, define, combine, unify, and coordinate the various processes and project management activities.
- Project Scope Management: Leads the organization in identifying deliverables as well as defining and controlling what is and is not included in the project.
- Project Time Management: Defining, sequencing, and estimating activities and resources; able to develop and control schedules.
- Project Cost Management: Determining medium-sized budgets and controlling costs.
- Project Quality Management: Developing plans to monitor project quality such that project has quality assurance and quality control.
- Project Change Management: Identifying how the program will affect stakeholders, developing communication/training strategies, and managing risk for organizational adoption.
- Minimum 5-8 years' experience driving results driven project/program management with a bachelor's degree in business or a related field
- Expert in the phases of project/program management
- Skilled at change- and stakeholder management
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Strong communications skills (written and verbal) able to adapt to and influence at all levels of the organization through excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Detail-oriented and problem-solving, with ability to deploy leadership and critical thinking
- Great at time management and can work effectively both independently and in teams
- Sound experience in development and design of process documentation including training material, process outlines, flowcharts, and implementation procedures
- Knowledge of the Promapp process documentation tool will be an asset
- Experience coordinating efforts and initiatives with large and diverse teams who are not co-located
- Continuous learner, dynamic and committed
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.