Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.The Role
Hitachi Vantara is scouting for a Salesforce Architect who will lead the architectural and technical designs for our Salesforce implementation, working in partnership with our Global Sales, Partners, Services, Marketing, and Finance teams. We are looking for an architect that shows a passion for well-architected solutions, users, technology, and customer-centricity.
This role will assess the impact of changes to the platform by providing continuous support and leadership to our delivery organization, ensuring adherence to best practices, evaluating the fit of third-party tools to the current and future landscape, and influencing new ways of working that drive steady improvements. The primary business goal of the role is to deliver architectures and solutions that increase the business capabilities of the organization Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain capability and technology roadmaps for front office facing business applications
- Facilitate cross functional strategic planning sessions to develop or refine capability / technology roadmaps and solution architecture design diagrams
- Participate in or drive deep architectural discussions during discovery, design and implementation stages of projects with delivery teams and business stakeholders
- Be a trusted technical advisor to project teams to solve complex technical challenges, and establish credibility - build deep relationships business stakeholders
- Assess architectural strengths and opportunities to align the Salesforce implementation to the business drivers and strategic capabilities of the organization.
- Develop and maintain the current, transitional, and target architectural blueprints documented for all solutions centered on and interfacing with Salesforce.
- Maintain a documented inventory of all applications and integrations in place having dependencies with the Salesforce implementation.
- Collaborate with business and IT stakeholders, executives, subject matter experts, and vendors to maximize the use and advantages of the platform capabilities.
- Recommend leading Salesforce architecture and development best practices.
- Collaborate and support domains architects working on the Salesforce platform with Data Architecture, Integration Architecture, Security Architecture, Business Architecture, and Business Process alignment.
- Excellent interpersonal and mentoring skills
- Ability to translate business requirements to technical solutions
- Ability to work with various stakeholders across functions and IT and foster teamwork
- Ability to work on multiple projects during any given point in time
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Excellent leadership, stakeholder management and communication skills to speak and present in front of senior executives
- Strong relationship-building skills
- Gather and analyze information effectively
- Demonstrate resourcefulness and initiative
- Balanced understanding of long-term and short-term perspectives
- Promote a holistic view of the enterprise and its business capabilities
- Able to stay self-motivated across a variety of projects
- Accomplish goals with a strong sense of urgency
- Able to work in a global, multicultural environment
- Disciplined and well-organized approach to work, with attention to detail
- Reacts positively under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Broad system design and architecture skills with the ability to architect or explain complex systems interactions including data flows, common interfaces, APIs and infrastructure
- Demonstrated ability to adapt and learn new technologies, and be passionate in promoting the adoption of new technologies
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline
- Salesforce Architect credentials and respective certifications
- 5+ years of experience in successful large-scale and enterprise-level Salesforce implementations, including at minimum Sales Cloud, Service Cloud and Lightning Community
- 10+ years of overall enterprise, systems, solutions, applications, or business architecture background
- Consulting background highly desired
- Experience in leading technical teams in a fast-paced environment
- Strong experience and background with integration architecture, including integration patterns in both cloud to cloud and cloud to on premise / on premise to cloud scenarios
- Knowledge of all phases of software development including requirements/story gathering, analysis, solution design, development, testing (unit, integration, end-to-end user), implementation, and support
- Cross-functional experience in working with business leaders from different units and distinct drivers and priorities, for example Sales, Services, Marketing, Partners, IT, and Finance
- Location: US Remote
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.