Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Come join our team and our employee-focused culture, and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes. Responsibilities:
We are working on Hitachi Kubernetes Service (HKS), a Kubernetes multi cloud control plane which will be on top of a CNCF certified Hitachi Kubernetes distribution. We are looking for a world class team to work on this cutting edge technology. The work will involve working on CRDs, custom controllers, operators, Istio and federated service mesh, Helm, Persistent volumes/storage, multi-cluster communication, Kubefed2, advanced open source frameworks on k8s etc.
- Design, architect, develop and unit test complex cloud-based SAAS products and solutions involving Cloud, Kubernetes, microservices and containers
- Mentor and guide junior team members, define best practices, guidelines and blueprints for the team
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Have technical ownership of multiple modules and work with the stakeholders (product owners/management, managers, architects, QA etc.) in the delivery
- Translate complex functional and technical requirements into architecture, high level and detailed design
- Maintain security and data privacy
- Create scalable and high-performance microservices
- Work with DevOps team on deployment architecture, security and CI/CD
- 4 to 10 years' experience designing, implementing and successfully delivering scalable, secure, HA products with support for persistence, transactions, resilience, clustering, performance and caching
- Deep understanding of Kubernetes internal architecture and its surrounding ecosystem
- Hands-on experience with working on Kubernetes extensions, building CRDs, operators using Operator framework
- Experience in designing - building real-time, large scale production grade micro-services applications
- Deep knowledge of Go programming language, paradigms, constructs, idioms, common Goroutines, channel patterns etc.
- Experience with scripting and automation is desirable (Bash, Terraform, Ansible, Chef)
- Experience with container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, flannel, CoreOS, etc)
- Experience with cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.)
- Ability to assess new technologies and make pragmatic choices that help guide towards a long-term vision
- Good Knowledge of full-stack infrastructure.
- Good to have: Working knowledge of multiple programming languages, like, NodeJs, Java, python
- Good to have: Relevant Kubernetes certification is plus