Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.The Role
Working in a 24x7 global operations team environment, the System Engineer - Windows will require extensive Infrastructure experience and deep technical expertise in solutions such as Windows, SCCM, PowerShell, SCOM, DNS, DHCP. The Engineer will be responsible for developing automation solutions that provide self service capabilities for Hitachi Vantara to simplify IT. The candidate will work on the Architecture, Engineering, Development / Operations teams to establish standards, best practices and infrastructure solutions.
Typical responsibilities for this position include design, deployment, maintenance and continuous improvement of the virtualized infrastructure. Responsibilities
- Technology and business enablement advocate to advise best practice methods in how to maintain the environment while quantifying business value
- Define and implement efficient end-to-end solutions
- Serve as a SME for Windows
- Independently lead the design of Windows solutions to include hardware platforms, services, and operating systems
- Ability to develop detailed project plans, work breakdown structures and operational readiness materials
- Able to independently complete solution implementation or Windows design deliverables.
- Support multiple technical teams in 24 x 7 environment operational environments with high uptime requirements including on call support. Varied shift schedules may include day or evening hours and late nights
- Excellent communication and verbal skills (fluent in English) as well as business acumen
- 5+ years of progressive experience in MS Windows engineering and design capacities
- Deep understanding of Windows fundamentals and concepts
- Advanced scripting experience with PowerShell or other automation tools - cloud technologies
- System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) experience - Build, deployment, patching, asset management experience
- System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) experience - Build, deployment, configuration and management
- Experience with security scanning tools such as Nexpose or Qualys
- Strong general IT and Data Center infrastructure knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, AD/LDAP and other core technologies such as NTP, FCIP, iSCSI, SAN, NAS, VMware etc.
- Strong understanding of network and server security
- Microsoft Windows administration and troubleshooting experience
- Network technologies (firewalls, routers, switches) and protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, LDAP, etc.) knowledge
- Endpoint security experience, including network design, implementation, and management
- Firewall, VPN, IDS, and related network security design and implementation are a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with customers as well as with internal partners
- Excellent time management skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- Enjoys problem-solving and displays an eagerness to learn new technologies/skills
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.