Hitachi Vantara provides information technologies, services and solutions that help companies improve IT costs and agility and innovate with information to make a difference in the world. Our customers gain compelling return on investment (ROI), unmatched return on assets (ROA), and demonstrable business impact. With approximately around 9,800 employees worldwide, Hitachi Vantara does business in more than 100 countries and regions. Our products, services and solutions are trusted by the world's leading enterprises, including more than 70% of the Fortune 100 and more than 80% of the Fortune Global 100.
Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes!The Role
Reporting to the Assistant Corporate Controller, this highly flexible accounting professional will support Chief Accounting Officer on a wide variety of topic areas and initiatives. This highly organized individual should possess strong project management skills and execution of cross functional and global-wide Corporate Controllership projects, which strive to enhance the standardization, controls and efficiency of processes.
This position will coordinate monthly global financial close, reporting, and analysis. The role should possess leadership skill necessary to lead, co-lead and/or participate in various projects and activities relating to general ledger and corporate controllership functions. This role may also help with business acquisitions, including accounting and integration, and other Corporate Controllership activities. This role will also help provide technical accounting research, provide draft policy updates and will be able to draft technical accounting memos. Responsibilities
▪ Collaborate with GEO Controllership and GFSS to ensure monthly GL close process are completed timely and accurately.
▪ Coordinate weekly status updates for CFO and bi-weekly staff meeting agenda for Chief Accounting Officer's organization.
▪ Collect, reconcile headcount information for the CAO, monitor spending for Controllership organization
▪ Responsible for reviewing vendor contracts and highlight financial exposures, if any, related to non-standard terms and conditions to satisfy JSOX controls requirement.
▪ Prepare analysis of period end financial reports for management team, as requested by Assistant Corporate Controller or Chief Accounting Officer.
▪ Provide ad hoc financial and operational analysis under the direction of Assistant Corporate Controller and Chief Accounting Chief.
▪ Facilitate intercompany transactions and elimination process
▪ Support complex ad hoc GFSS projects as requested.
▪ Support continuous process improvement for the Corporate Controllership
▪ Lead end to end process documentation for major accounting workflowQualifications
▪ Chartered Accountant with minimum 6 years of corporate accounting experience
▪ Proficient IFRS and US GAAP knowledge
▪ Unquestionable ethics and integrity
▪ Strong Excel, PowerPoint and Word, MS Office skills
▪ Excellent communication, analytical and organizational skills
▪ Business contract review experience preferred
▪ Ability to work closely with a senior management team
▪ Self-starter with the ability to work independently, prioritize and multi-task various projects - initiatives
▪ Attention to details, organized and thorough, with the desire for continuous improvement
▪ Strong analytical and judgment skills to interpret and translate technical information
▪ Experience working with internal/external auditors
▪ Ability to work extended/flexible hours during peak periods including monthly close
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.