Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.The Role
The UX/UI Designer interfaces with product marketing managers, business stakeholders, and website team members to deliver an engaging user experience for our public, client, and employee-facing sites. Innovation, design, and functionality are key components to the success of this role. The designer's role is also to create a user experience that fits into the Hitachi brand and promotes useable, engaging, experiences.Responsibilities
- Create visually impressive, responsive, UX and UI designs for website
- Develop engaging, interactive, experiences that convert users
- Facilitate stakeholder discussions to drive aesthetic and functional requirements
- Design mockups, prototypes, and wireframes that meet business requirements
- Build re-useable prototypes and components to be leverage across multiple sites
- Rapidly iterate design for demos, usability testing, presentations, and implementations
- Create web and mobile optimized graphics as needed by various team members
- Define best practices to support customer experience and content standards across wireframes, mock-ups, and prototypes
- Work with other developers to ensure technical feasibility of designs
- Mentor UX/UI Designers on more complex projects and design decisions.
- Manage complex and high-exposure UX/UI projects and initiatives
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Graphic Design, or related field strongly preferred
- At least 8+ years of outstanding design shown in a portfolio that demonstrates the required skills
- In-depth understanding of User Experience (UX) and User Interface (UI) design principles
- Understanding of AEM, HTML 4/5 and CSS 2/3 across different browsers and screen resolutions
- Expert in visual graphic design and proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite
- Mastery over Color Theory, Typography, Layout/Composition, grid systems, animation/transitions
- Strong, clear, communication skills across global team
- Ability to initiate, facilitate, and run meetings across multiple teams within global organization
- Proficiency in design tools such as: Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- Knowledgeable on cutting-edge design trends and topics
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.