Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.The Role:
The Sr. Manger, Automation Engineering will lead a team in US and India who are responsible for the development of automation framework for testing our storage products and solutions. The successful candidate will be passionate about customers, disciplined, tenacious, thoughtful, innovative, bring new ideas and has a drive and passion to win.Responsibilities:
- Effectively utilizing lean and engineering methodologies for developing and improving the automation framework used for final QA validation testing.
- Responsible for the architecture, design, development and maintenance of an automation framework, tools, CI/CD pipeline.
- Possess a willingness and desire to work directly with his/her peer and their direct report in the business unit to define and set a strategy for engineering effort and continuous improvement for existing QA framework.
- Working with various partners to develop, authorize, and support reasonable SLA and critical metrics for the test framework.
- Introduce latest testing technologies and automation tools and integrate AI and machine learning into automation development.
- Act as a mentor for the engineers as well as provide training on testing strategy, standards, tools, and process.
- Support Hitachi Vantara product launch including program schedules and resources utilization.
- Drive upfront project planning: meeting with key stakeholders to write project charters, statements of work and other specification documents to have a crisp engineering quality assurance and execution.
- Responsible for leading major engineering projects to meet scope, quality, and budget requirements.
- Be responsible for release plan, sprint plan, daily sprint status, mid-sprint and end-sprint reports, sprint retrospectives and other ceremonies agreed upon.
- Facilitate engineering escalation during development process with Hitachi Japan.
Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work with diverse personality types across geographies.
- Requires a bachelor's degree or equivalent. Engineering degree and MS / MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in an engineering design and/or product development team and at least 2 years as a scrum master for a 15+ member team.
- Demonstrated ability as a successful engineering program manager supporting new product designs that are delivered within three to nine-month product cycles.
- Demonstrates a thorough and accurate knowledge of project management, Microsoft Project Server 2016, and JIRA.
- Strong experience with Java and Python.
- Experience with managing several projects simultaneously,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Experience with cloud services (Amazon Web Services a plus).
- Deep Knowledge of agile methodology and frameworks (i.e., Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, XP, etc.).
- Deep knowledge about Agile techniques including - User Stories, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Continuous Deployment, Automated Testing, etc.
- Understand backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, and task definition.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.