Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.The Role
The role of the Storage Engineer is a customer facing service operation position in HitachiVantara's Global Delivery division. This individual supports a L2/L3 operations team responsible for the delivery of Block Storage/ SAN/ NAS as a Service to a specific client based on agreed SLAs, maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
The Storage Engineer will be involved in daily operations, complex incident and problem resolution and will build a technical gateway to HitachiVantara's global Delivery as well as will introduce new methods, tools and technologies based on the corporate availability to the team, to increase the efficiency of storage operations. Managing the integration of selected innovations into daily operations is part of the role as well as contribution to increase the level of automation. This individual guarantees the stability and seamless operation of HitachiVanara's storage estate.
The role requires readiness for On-Call duty. Responsibilities
• Role as Storage Engineer with aspects of an Architect role for Hitachi Block Storage, Hitachi Network Attached Storage (NAS), Hitachi Storage Area Networks (SAN).
• Gateway between Hitachi local Delivery team, Engineering and the Managed Service Operations Team
• Leading complex Projects/tasks and providing block level consultancy.
• Performance, Capacity and Load analysis for the customer environment and recommendation of measures to ensure stable and efficient operational conditions.
• Complex root cause analysis in context of stability issues.
• Planning, Coordination and Installation of complex system software upgrades (Microcode etc.) following customer processes and procedures.
• Take technical ownership of assigned incidents, problems, changes or other tasks (troubleshooting, customer workshops, etc.) whilst guaranteeing the SLAs, thereby supporting the L2/L3 block storage team.
• Report to the regional Service Delivery Manager to highlight improvement potential and technical innovations for the storage service and architecture.
• Training of team members
• Partition on On-Call rotationQualifications
• Minimum of 1 year client systems support; or 2 - 4 years of equivalent IT work experience
• Must demonstrate a strong understanding of Block storage, SAN - NAS concepts and software
• Wide experience in Infrastructure environments/architectures (Storage, Network, Compute)
• Understanding of IT service Management processes and methods (ITIL)
• Ability to work with minimal supervision - self-motivated and self-contained
• Analytical and problem resolving attitude
• Programming/Scripting Capabilities are a plus
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize in accordance with changing deadlines and priorities
• Willing to learn and pick up new technologies quickly
• Communicating highly technical information adequately to both technical and non-technical personnel
• Fluent written and spoken English language, German would be an asset
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.