Waupaca Foundry, Inc. is North America's leading supplier of iron castings and has a history of innovation with a legacy of product quality. Waupaca Foundry employs approximately 4,400 people company-wide. Waupaca Foundry is committed to relentless improvement, forward-thinking sustainability initiatives, and providing a reliable experience to the millions who use our castings every day. Our goal is to employ individuals who take pride in their work within a culture of continual innovation. Waupaca Foundry is proud to be an employer of choice for those driven and skilled individuals seeking rewarding careers by producing top quality castings.You will be right at home at Waupaca Foundry.Cast Your Own Future.More information is available on our website www.waupacafoundry.com Sales Manager ROLE
Manage sales and commercial relationships with strategic Waupaca Foundry customers. Primary goal is to create long term relationships with a portfolio of assigned accounts. The account manager needs to understand customer products, markets, demands, and future requirements. RESPONSIBILITIES :
This is not an exhaustive list of duties or functions and may not necessarily comprise all of the "essential functions" for purposes of the ADA. EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS :
- Generate sales for a portfolio of accounts in an effort to meet annual and long term company sales targets.
- Identify new sales opportunities within existing accounts.
- Review quotations and negotiate pricing on behalf of Waupaca Foundry.
- Prepare and provide well thought out and organized presentations adjusted to specific customer needs on behalf of Waupaca Foundry.
- Manage and aid in the resolution of any commercial related conflicts with customers.
- Interact and coordinate with the sales team and other Waupaca team members in departments that are involved in concerns or issues with the same account.
- Develop 1-5 year sales forecasts for the purpose of company planning.
- Efficiently plan and organize sales related activities to most effectively utilize time.
- Exhibit a high level of resilience in order to maintain a positive attitude even when faced with frustration, pressure, or change.
- Be able to function independently outside of an internal office setting while representing Waupaca Foundry.
- Meet deadlines for accounts.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION/QUALIFICATIONS :
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, or related field.
- 5-10 years of foundry industry experience with at least 5 years in sales and direct customer relations.
- Discerned ability to access an opportunity or issue.
- Apply learned logic and render a profitable competitive bid.
- Acceptable explanation of customer needs coupled with foundry capabilities and coordinate customer & WF staff toward resolution of quality concerns.
If selected for consideration, candidates must successfully complete a selection process that includes interviews, reference check/verification, and a pre-employment drug screen. BENEFITS :
- Travel up to 60% of time should be expected and required.
- Must be able to demonstrate basic knowledge of foundry processes with an awareness/willingness to involve specific WF staff in a problem solving team effort.
- Proven communication skills coordinated with advance knowledge of product necessary.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, understanding of iSeries (AS400) and ERP systems.
- Demonstrate highly effective oral and written communication skills.
- Capable of leading and conducting meetings and/or make presentations at customer or WF facilities.
- Possess and demonstrate leadership abilities in the following:
- Obtain and maintain customer confidence with accurate and up-to-date market place knowledge.
- Problem solving/conflict resolution.
- Adherence to WF and customer policy.
- Practice example setting, ethical standards inside and outside workplace.
Waupaca Foundry offers competitive wages and exceptional benefits, including:
Waupaca Foundry is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
- Medical, dental, vision
- Short and long term disability
- Life insurance
- Employer funded retirement plan
- Paid vacations/holidays
- Wellness program
- Fitness membership
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Employer supported career development, including tuition reimbursement