Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Come join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes. The Role
The Finance Analyst is responsible for accounting, reporting and analyzing the financials of Professional Services line of business. This role is also responsible for the operational support which includes dealing directly with internal business partners. The position will also get meaningful exposure to other lines of Services business.Responsibilities
- Create and Report financial performance on a monthly basis
- Review the P-L on a quarterly basis in comparison with the forecast/AOP
- Prepare and present quarterly business reviews to Senior Management on the status and projections for the business
- Consolidates action items from business reviews and track and follow -up actions to drive closure
- Provide monthly forecast for revenue and associated COGS
- Accurate and timely recognition of the revenue including education and COGS, including maintaining provisions per the HV policies and procedures
- Monitor direct, indirect and personnel costs of performing the services (Spend control)
- Identify and recommend opportunities to grow the revenue and margin
- Develop robust financial models to measure business/operation impact and identify opportunities to increase productivity and efficiency
- Assist the AOP process, provide bottoms up exercise with data mining, financial implications through sensitivity analysis, What If and trend analysis
- Maintain rate card and cost allocation models to track profitability
- Prepare P-L projections for proposals to assist with presenting to senior management and track the ROI
- Advise accounting and coding for all managed services revenue, costs, provisions, accruals etc in conjunction with HV policy and procedures
- Co-ordinate processing of monthly invoicing to customers and assist to resolve any collection queries
- Monitor and report key financial and operational metrics
- Assist on the financial requirements of QBRs.
- Headcount Management utilizing reports from GFS team
- Country, GEO and Global Finance Team
- GFS Reporting team in India
- Country Operations Team
- GEO Renewal Team
- Country Management Team
- Executive Sales Management
- Country and Global Services Team
- Customers, Partners
- MBA with mastery of finance, accounting, or Professional Certifications (CPA, CMA ) is preferred
- 5+ year's experience post qualification
- Superior quantitative and analytical skills
- Hands on financial analysis and modeling skills
- Experience with multi-year, multi-element, capital intensive and complex deal structuring
- Ability to objectively view issues (financial and non financial issues)
- Common sense approach to problem solving with ability to think outside the norm, and to follow initiatives through to completion without significant guidance.
- Ability to facilitate and influence changes in external groups as well as within your own organization.
- Ability to work well in a variety of different teams across GEOs.
- Good communication - presentation skills (verbal - written)
- Flexible approach and positive outlook
- Able to get into the detail while also seeing the big picture.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- IT or Software industry background or exposure to revenue recognition criteria under IFRS 15 and IFRS 16
- Broad based experience in hardware and software products, product support, professional services and the outsourcing of these activities.
- Ability to work under pressure and create the culture of "can-do"
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.