Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value. The Role
Join Hitachi Vantara's human resources organization, a team of problem solvers that help to drive our most complex and cross-functional initiatives. This role will act as a thought partner with our business leaders across HV to support the achievement of the overall business strategy and to help ensure Hitachi's mission and vision are carried out. This individual will need to love working with people and be passionate about creating a positive work environment. This role will function as a project leader, change manager, advisor, and connector, as well as collaborate with our HR COE's (Talent Acquisition, Total Rewards, Talent Management, HR Analytics, and HR Shared Services) and with other HRBP's around the world to achieve our business and strategic HR objectives. This individual will need to demonstrate skills in problem solving, coaching senior business leaders, and influencing at all levels across the business. Additionally, they will need to be comfortable operating effectively in ambiguous, dynamic situations at times.Responsibilities
- Develop and grow leadership effectiveness - challenge, coach and mentor respective business leaders on business and people issues to enable them to perform more effectively as an overall business.
- Operate as an advisor developing strong relationships with leaders, valued for the ability to synthesize information and facilitate decision-making.
- Work in partnership with the Business Leaders and other HV leadership colleagues to help develop and grow a business unit model that supports and delivers against the long-term growth strategy of the business, through the effective and ongoing development of successful and best practice talent management strategies.
- Ensure that Compensation and Reward programs are competitive, cost effective, and compliant and align with the Total Rewards strategy for the business by working closely with our Global Total Rewards team.
- Promote and nurture a positive and open working environment that supports the values and provide the tools and framework that encourage open and effective employee communications.
- Assist with programs related to re-organization, organizational design and change management.
- Identify medium/long term business challenges/needs and proactively identify HR solutions which might support the delivery of the business' strategy.
- Support annual talent reviews and succession planning efforts for client groups.
- Manage job requisition details, reporting and approval flow.
- Seasoned HR professional with 7 - 12 years collaborating with diverse, matrixed global teams with a proven track record of delivering best in class HR.
- Autonomous and organized with the ability to successfully manage multiple tasks.
- Strong written and verbal communicator; ability to modify approach based on audience, bring clarity to situations and facilitate difficult conversations with clients.
- Ability to build relationships at all levels, strong communications skills and ability to navigate and influence across key stakeholders in the matrix.
- Proactive problem-solver who collaborates successfully with stakeholders.
- Customer focused - able to drive customer success and delight stakeholders.
- Confident team player, not afraid to voice opinions and offer creative solutions or process improvements.
- Innovative thinker and able to drive creative ideas and embed them in the business.
- Strong change management skills, ability to architect and drive transformation programs and lead teams through those programs effectively.
- Working knowledge of HR laws, practices, policies and models.
- Track record in architecting and driving change and transformation in business.
- Good technical HR competence across all disciplines with emphasis on organization design and talent management, emphasis around successfully coaching leaders.
- Appetite for learning new technology while championing analytics adoption within the team.
- Executive presence and influencing skills demonstrated by an experience building robust and lasting relationships with senior HR and business leaders.
- Bachelor equivalent mandatory.
- Travel as required.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.