Job description HITACHI RAIL
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Senior Commissioning Manager
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in San Francisco, CA. Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities:
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
- Manage the commissioning of all related systems but not limited to train signaling systems (CBTC, Wayside, Onboard and Office Control), SCADA and rolling stock.
- Review and approve the project subsystem and system-wide commissioning plans
- Ensure project installation and commissioning activities are performed according to contract schedule and budget
- Develop cutover and migration plans for system integration purposes
- Develop and/or review test procedures for all subsystems related to a rail system project
- Schedule local resources and determine workload forecasts for commissioning activities
- Work directly with customers and subcontractors to successfully execute the latter stages of projects and effectively turn the system over to the customer
- Manage day-to-day field activities and interact with transit authority operations personnel to coordinate test schedules
- Provide-valued added input and assist the project director in the development of models and systems that maximizes resource efficiency
- Manage field verification testing for all tie-in locations for equipment requirements, tag changes, and circuit wiring details with limited support from the customer
- Perform on-site verification of product deliveries for STS
- Maintain inventory of company spare materials
- Sorting/Ordering of all necessary material/equipment for execution of the commissioning phase
- Represent and lead STS at project meetings
- Prepare and submit bi-weekly reports regarding the commissioning process and execution
- Manage sub-contractors executing work for the commissioning phase of the project
- Responsible for the execution of Health and Safety processes per STS guidelines and project requirements
- Any and all other systems related works as directed by the project in order to support those projects needs
- Experience to perform the aforementioned accountabilities as dictated in section above and knowledgeable about the commissioning and standards and requirements.
- Bachelor of Science or technical degree required preferably in electrical, or systems engineering.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the design, construction, commissioning, operations and maintenance of vehicles, systems, equipment and facilities of similar scope and complexity on a multi-million dollar scale.
- Previous work in switch and signal train transportation system as a design engineer, project engineer, system engineer/integrator a plus
- Willing to take on big challenges with large-scale mass transit projects
- Experience in field relay testing of all vital relays prior to plug in and room breakdown testing
- Experience in CBTC Systems and its related testing processes/requirements
- Ability to test signal equipment & circuits
- Ability to place signals systems into service
- Ability to interpret contract specification
- Ability to read, understand and interpret switch and signal line drawing, schematics and cable plans
Certification or Technical Degree Required; Bachelor's Degree Required. Languages:
English- Native Language Education:
Bachelor's Degree, Associate Degree, or High school in technical area or Equivalent Technical background Languages:
English Proficiency Benefits:
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/