Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.The Role Overall Objective:
The Industry Advisor will drive customer outcomes by demonstrating Industry Transformation Leadership and by engaging directly with line of business to identify, generate and nurture new opportunities, while leveraging the value of the partner ecosystem.They will:
- Driving customer transformation and digital outcomes through industry focused solutions.
- Support envisioning and accelerate customer BDM engagement through Executive Briefings, customer workshops, industry specific events that put the success of the customer front and foremost.
- Act as the industry SME in close alignment with the broader Hitachi business teams and provide strong support to quarterly account planning on industry and customer priorities.
- Create repeatable customer success stories supported by Industry Marketing to grow industry knowledge of sales teams cross-segment.
- Act as the local SME of the WW industry teams and run continuous feedback loop on market dynamics, customer demands and opportunities.
- Act as Industry Expert and Thought Leader internally by growing industry skills - capabilities across internal sales teams and Hitachi communities to deliver high impact.
- Act as a role model it-all culture by developing and maintaining strong sales skills to identify, assess, validate, and influence customers' needs and vision for DT.
The Industry Advisor, will:
- Achieve these objectives by leveraging strong knowledge of manufacturing and associated dynamics and macro trends, and responsible and accountable for the identification and management of IIoT opportunities with existing strategic clients as well as new prospects in one (or more) of the priority industries, as relevant: Mining and Minerals, Metals and Casting, Automotive, Agriculture, Food and Beverage, Life Sciences, Energy, Travel - Transportation
- Leverage their business expertise from working in business roles at a company in the priority industries, to define and implement a strategic market development plan, that is inline with the strategic direction of Manufacturing Practice globally.
- Focus on driving the growth of the Hitachi Vantara Lumada Digital Solutions and Services to accelerate the Digital Industrial Transformation (Ind 4.0).
- Establish and implement strategic account plans targeted at solving most complex operational problems for clients
- Become a trusted advisor to the line of business and C-level and establish new business relationships
- Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the Practice consultants to increase value to the clients
- Develop an internal network within Hitachi to support both lead generation and proposal development
- Support the development and management of opportunities, owning the end-to-end deal cycle and client relationship
- Assist with qualifying and prioritising opportunities;
- Leverage and align appropriate supporting resources from across Hitachi
- Win new clients and growing Manufacturing Practice revenue in existing clients
- Drive discrete revenue goals and meets or exceeds annual quota
- Strong Business development, Market development and sales skills, including:
- Demonstrated ability to create and lead the development and delivery of complex sales engagements and successful negotiation of multi-million dollar sales proposals
- Proven track record of solution sales or consulting in a competing or partner company
- Strategy development with multi-phase execution and delivery
- Effective leadership and coaching skills and a consultative approach to engage, develop and lead virtual sales teams across large and complex organizations.
- Executive communications, engagement and influence, including:
- Experience leading successful negotiation of multi-million dollar sales proposals
- Exceptional communication skills with a confident demeanor and level of comfort leading discussions
- Strong collaboration skills, working in a team environment and across large and complex organizations
- Superior written and oral communication skills, with the ability to explain complex concepts without a reliance on jargon and to all levels of audience.
- Related experience as an evangelist or industry event speaker would be of significant benefit.
- Excellent verbal and written command of English, plus additional Japanese languages useful.
- Comprehensive understanding and knowledge of vertical industry challenges and desired business outcomes, digital opportunities and competitive landscapes, including
- Deep understanding of one (or more) of the Hitachi's priority industries, e.g., Mining and Minerals, Metals and Casting, Automotive, Agriculture, Food and Beverage, Life Sciences, Energy, Travel - Transportation
- Highly experienced individual (Smart Manufacturing Solutions, XaaS solutions, etc.), ideally with the ability to apply domain knowledge in highly practical business situations.
- Highly desirable; Meaningful prior work experience at one of the following: driving digital transformation within Consulting or Services company such as McKinsey, Accenture, SAP, or the equivalent; cloud service providers and software companies, such as Oracle, IBM, SalesForce.com, Microsoft, AWS
- Minimum education: Bachelor's degree (Master's degree preferred)
- Will require travel across Australia (when the world returns to normal)
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.