In light of our growth within Asia Pacific, we are now seeking a Project Engineer with experience working with rail signals and train control systems.
Permanent Full Time opportunity based in Perth. About the role
The Project Engineer will coordinate all technical activities (including engineering & development activities) during project bidding and/ or execution phase on major complexity projects (international, consortium and advanced technological solutions) and deliver the technical solution on time, on quality and on budget (in compliance with the contract milestones/ clauses) during the project execution phase.
The successful candidate will drive the engineering department defining objective, time schedule and criticalities on technical issue and will be the technical responsible for the Project.
Main accountabilities will include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring the delivery of the overall solution on time on quality and on budget according to the contract (being the only Design Authority on the project)
- Ensuring all project technical activities are coordinated, fulfill the technical requirements of the contract, respecting project schedule, budget , quality and defined workload
- Ensuring the technical interface toward the Customer
- Ensuring that during bidding phase, the adopted technical solutions are standardised as much standard as possible, considering the specific requirements of the project
- Ensuring the clear definition and implementation of the project interfaces between the different project technologies
- Ensuring the definition and delivery of T&C activities are supported by the relevant project WP Leaders
- Ensuring that an updated list of project objectives and criticalities is maintained,
- discussed and agreed with the Project Manager
- Ensuring that project objectives are communicated to the project team and monitor that all technical project activities are aligned with the project schedule
- Ensuring that correct Configuration Management (including document management and transmittal process) is always in place.
Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Transportation Engineering.
Skills & Experience:
5+ years experience as a PE in complex rail signalling projects demonstrating strong skills and competencies in:
- Electromechanical Design
- European Train Control Systems level 2
- Leadership and communication
- Interpersonal skills
- Flexibility with time and travel
- Culturally aware and inclusive.