Job description Hitachi Rail STS is a global railway signalling and transportation solutions company. Life with Hitachi Rail STS includes many benefits including career development and the opportunity to work in a global and culturally diverse team environment. About the role
We are currently seeking applications from senior level Commissioning Managers in Rail Signalling. This role will ensure the commissioning and handover of complex project (large project size, complex technological systems or involving international companies) in accordance with the Contract Requirements, to the PM (client) for commercial operation.
This is permanent full time opportunity based in our Brisbane office. Job tasks and responsibilities
The accountabilities will include but are not limited to:
Skills and experience
- Define the execution of the commissioning activities (Steps, optimisation of the use of resources)
- Accountable of the execution of the commissioning activities in accordance with Department directives.
- Guarantee the on time hand over in accordance with RAMS, quality and safety requirements.
- Ensure that the commissioning planning and execution integrates effectively with the construction program
- Assure the correct allocation of skilled resources to the commissioning activities in accordance with the plan established by the PM
- Manage and lead the commissioning team and the commissioning subcontractors
- Ensure that the commissioning team works in respect of the Health and Safety requirements of the project
- Accountable of the correct interface management with the Client/Engineer/Third parties during the tests and commissioning phase
- Provide the Functional manager with the feedback regarding site performances for evaluation of the assigned resources
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or similar field;
- 5-10 years' experience in a similar role in the Rail Signal industry with demonstrated capability and skills in:
- Budgeting and cost estimation
- Railway equipment and environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Incident/accident investigation
- Knowledge of ERP and Configuration Management tools
- Knowledge of tendering process
- ANNUAL SALARY PACKAGE AUD120,000 - 180,000.00