Are you looking for opportunities to work on high profile rail projects and advanced technology alongside experts from the around the globe? Come and join the fastest growing rail
business in the world!
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. We are working to Inspire the Next – and this is your chance to be part of it.
Your new role
In this exciting role, based in Doncaster - but with flexible working arrangements in place - you will ensure the Service Engineering Management Team receives high quality administrative support and office management appropriate to agreed needs,
Specifically, you will
- Co-ordinate and manage diaries for the Director of Operations, Service & Maintenance (OS&M) Engineering and the management team.
- Arrange and book domestic and international travel and accommodation for the OS&M Engineering Management team.
- Collate and publish weekly work reports for the OS&M Engineering Team.
- Raise Purchase Requisitions, Purchase Orders and receipt specialist services and equipment in line with corporate policies.
- Be the Office Manager for Doncaster office and the Engineering Centre of Excellence. Liaise with the landlord or service provider for office, cleaning and kitchen supplies. Manage the maintenance of equipment, building access passes, office keys, parking permits, and office upkeep.
- With delegated authority, check and approve expense claims for the OS&M Engineering Management Team, including staff resident in Italy in line with company policy.
- Be responsible for the department corporate procurement card. Submit monthly OS&M expenses for services procured and settle in line with company policy.
- Manage the OS&M Engineering Competency Management System, ensuring that assessments are completed, reviewed and stored to support audit requirements.
- Maintain staff lists with HR to provide an accurate view of headcount, vacancies and recruitment.
- Manage Hitachi’s UK on-call roster for Engineering Managers and Fleet Engineers.
- Act as the Health and Safety Representative for the Doncaster Engineering Office. Organise safety signage, safety inspections, PAT testing and the display of all H&S policies and notices controlled notices.
- Administer the Engineering SharePoint site to grant access, post reports, publish and archive as necessary.
- Add to Hitachi’s approved supplier list when required, and liaise with the Accounts Department to ensure invoices are paid on time.
- Prepare or and support critical Engineering safety and management meetings with data packs. Act as minute taker if required and circulate confidential reports.
- Co-ordinate, manage and set up meeting rooms and video conferencing on behalf of the OS&M Management Team at all required locations globally. Meet and greet visitors and arrange business catering/ refreshments/ breakfasts, lunches and dinners as required.
- Check and submit timesheets on behalf of OS&M Managers for contractor labour.
You will be able to demonstrate the following
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills.
- Confident and assertive with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in supporting a dispersed management team including executive diary management.
- Proficient in MS-Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
- The ability to create high quality documents and reports.
- Discretion, a sense of occasion, positive outlook, 'can do' attitude and approach.
- Experience of executive management meetings minute/ note taking.
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative as well as take instruction.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- An understanding of health and safety requirements of a working environment.
- First Aider and Fire Warden
- Driving Licence is desirable
Why Hitachi Rail?
At Hitachi Rail you will find a passionate and collaborative environment. We operate according to our values of Harmony, Sincerity and Pioneering Spirit. As such, we work closely as a team and empower our colleagues to take ownership and become creative in our pursuit of excellence. We take pride in the contribution we make to society and we always act with integrity and fairness towards our customers, suppliers and colleagues.
We offer a competitive salary and annual leave entitlement as well as a generous benefits package. This includes a pension scheme with contributions up to 9%, health insurance, and many more perks for you to choose from within a flexible plan that will meet your specific needs and lifestyle.
If you like the sound of the above and feel energised by the idea of joining a great brand at a moment of exciting expansion, please apply now. We look forward to hearing from you!