Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.The Role
We are seeking energetic and motivated sales professionals with strong hunting skills to join our Territory Account Manager team. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of new account or business development experience with a proven track record of selling complex technical solutions. In your role, you will leverage market intelligence resources, customer events, product specialist, partners and your own professional network to develop new relationships and close business with high value pursuit clients.Responsibilities
- Planning - conduct market and customer research to expand commercial insight necessary to build effective customer call plans and sales strategies (10%)
- Prospecting and lead management - drive a high volume of high value prospecting and business development activities, to include lead management, needed to reach key decision makers/influencers (technical and business) inside pursuit accounts (30%)
- Selling - drive account strategies and coordinate team selling efforts with partners, specialist, management and technical resources necessary to close business. (50%)
- Training - Through a rigorous and subject rich training agenda, you will become sale proficient with Hitachi Vantara's solutions while becoming conversational ready on how Hitachi Vantara delivers business value to its customers and prospects. (5%)
- Reporting - Managing forecast and updating activity plans inside Salesforce (5%)
- Sales experience in infrastructure, data storage, data management or other IT services
- A minimum of 5 years of outside sales experiences specializing in new logo acquisition and/or new business development.
- An avid hunter with a proven track record of sourcing new leads and leveraging social networking to gain access to decision-makers/influencers necessary to close business.
- Relationship and sell with experiences with top VARs and Integrators. Subject matter expertise in data storage, data management, data analytics and other IT services.
- Domain knowledge of large enterprise IT environments and corporate buying centers is critical.
- Must demonstrate a consistent track record of achieving annual quota targets while providing specific details on key customer wins.
- The ideal candidate will bring an established sales management process, experience building and maintaining relationships with management and C level executives.
- A successful track record of managing and closing complex sales campaigns, using outcome and solution selling techniques is a must.
- Possesses a competitive attitude, strong work ethic and thrives in a fast pace, high growth and matrixed organizational environment.
- Must be a proficient user of Salesforce and other MS Office tools.
- Having a BA/BS degree or equivalent is desirable.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.