Job ID: R0000785
Date Posted: May 11, 2021
Segment: Smart Life
Business Unit: Hitachi Automotive
Company Name: Hitachi Astemo Americas, Inc.
Profession (Job Category): Production & Skilled Trades
Job Type (Experience Level): Management
Job Schedule: Full time
1. Ensures production targets are met by assigning operators’ tasks and working with other departments.
2. Ensures that established policies, rules, regulations and procedures are followed.
3. Conducts all supervisory responsibilities concerning the hiring, training, counseling and discipline, performance appraisal, and assigning/prioritizing all work for subordinates.
4. Ensures effective employee relations. Provides employee coaching and development. Resolves employee issues through problem resolution.
5. Balances quality, productivity, cost, safety and morale to achieve positive results in all areas. Works to continuously improve in all areas.
6. Manages departmental performance measures, including visual controls and provides regular progress reports to manager.
7. Plans and manages technical/manpower capacity and consumables.
8. Ensures that teams and team members have the necessary resources and training to accomplish department goals.
9. Conducts individual and team coaching sessions to improve performance. Recognizes team accomplishments.
10. Conducts accident investigations.
11. Manages department priorities.
12. Tracks absenteeism and time-keeping.
1. High School diploma or equivalent required. College Degreed preferred.
2. Minimum of 3 years previous experience in manufacturing environment as a supervisory and/or lead required, preferably within the automotive manufacturing industry.
3. Desired candidate will have thorough familiarity with related manufacturing operations, good knowledge of production scheduling, capacity planning and supporting manufacturing functions.
4. Leadership: a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
5. Ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, cost and employee relations.
6. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
7. Problem analysis and resolution.
8. Computer skill required.
Responsible for the direction and supervision of employees.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk. The employee occasionally is required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
This position works in a production/warehouse environment. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The performance of this position requires exposure to the manufacturing areas where certain areas require the use of personal protective equipment.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]. Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.