Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property, and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes!The Role
Hitachi Vantara is searching for a highly-motivated, proactive, business-minded lawyer to provide employment, procurement escalation, and privacy legal support. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams across the company and within the global legal department.Responsibilities
• Provide strategic legal and business-minded advice on Human Resources issues covering the entire employee lifecycle from application to off-boarding including affirmative action plans, employee relations issues, investigations, non-competes, performance, policies, restructures-in-force, terminations, and training.
• Manage employee agency proceedings, litigation and outside counsel.
• Negotiate and support Procurement contract escalations.
• Initiate and drive privacy processes in areas such as records of processing, privacy impact assessments, vendor risk assessments, data subject access requests, cybersecurity and other privacy matters.
• Collaborate with sales attorneys as required on complex privacy matters. Negotiate, structure and draft privacy agreements.
• This position will have regular interactions with and opportunities to collaborate within, and beyond, the global Hitachi Vantara Legal - Compliance team.Qualifications
• 3+ years of employment law including California law-specific issues; 2+ years of privacy experience (law firm or in-house experience); and 2+ years of contract negotiation experience. Some in-house experience is preferred.
• JD with membership in at least one state bar.
• Excellent interpersonal skills. An individual who can work with a range of internal and external business and legal professionals, manage multiple priorities and projects with firm deadlines, and influence cross-functional teams.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
• High integrity.
• A business-oriented, practical risk and balanced approach, is required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, place of origin, ethnic origin, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable national, state, or local law.For Colorado only (as required by the Colorado Equal Pay Act): The expected salary for this position in our Colorado office is $120K - $145K. Pay is determined based on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, depth of experience in the practice area. Employees are eligible to participate in Hitachi Vantara's variable pay program, subject to the program's conditions and restrictions."