Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Group Category Manager
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Italy.
Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Mission:
The Group Category Procurement (GCP) team are responsible for the provision of strategic and operational Procurement for assigned materials and services related to e.g. IT, HR, Finance, Marketing, Logistics, Facilities Management etc.
The GCP team will provide support to Rolling Stock, Operations Service & Maintenance, Signalling & Turnkey and Corporate Functions. The GCP team's primary objectives are to:
•Understand and analyse the business requirements and demand for the assigned categories
•Develop and implement category strategies, aligned with collaboration model
•Manage Sourcing & Buying of materials and services for the Lines of Business and Corporate Functions
•Drive value from group category and supplier management - with a high focus on reducing SG&A costs
As part of this global team, the GCP Category Manager is responsible for business partnering, understanding requirements, developing and implementing category strategies for the IT, Legal, Finance, Marketing & Editorial Services categories to reduce costs, manage risks and drive value for the Lines of Business and Functions. Accountabilities will include but are not limited to:
- Develop and maintain excellent professional relationships and networks with business partners and suppliers to deliver financial benefit through strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Partner with key stakeholders in the Lines of Business and Functions globally to understand business strategy and future requirements, specifications and demand for materials and services in assigned Group categories
- Own the category planning cycle for a portfolio of spend categories developing a detailed plan detailing in-year and long term commercial targets aligned to business operating plans
- Develop and execute category management strategies in alignment with Hitachi Rail global strategy and guidelines for long term breakthrough value achieving competitive advantage through cost reduction, quality, compliance, sustainability, risk mitigation and innovation from existing and new suppliers
- Accountable for sourcing, benchmarking and negotiation activities within the category, ensuring compliance to all Hitachi Rail processes, continuous improvement in terms of quality, service, and total cost of ownership in-line with business requirements
- Ensure financial targets for all spend categories are achieved within the portfolio
- Apply advanced procurement methods (such as gain sharing, clean sheeting, reduced cost to serve etc.) to improve the results of strategic sourcing
- Identify strategic suppliers and partners through segmentation of spend on the basis of risk, criticality and volume of spend allocating time to areas that derive value
- Approval of suitable suppliers for the commodity portfolio, ensuring Hitachi Rail supplier selection and on-boarding processes are followed
- Establish roles and responsibilities for supplier governance to improve the alignment of supplier agreements with business partner objectives
- Develop continuous improvement plans with strategic suppliers to accelerate the development of supplier capabilities through collaboration, increasing value and pursuing further cost reduction
- Undertake contract reviews of existing agreements and exploit opportunities to make in-contract life savings
- Be a leading example of the Hitachi Rail mission, vision and values
- Adhere to company and functional policies and procedures
- Manage the performance of direct reports (if applicable) conducting regular 1:1 meetings, coaching and mentoring personal development, and provide constructive feedback through appraisals.
Job requirements Required Skills/ Knowledge
Education / Qualifications
- Experienced procurement practitioner with the knowledge of strategic sourcing, category management processes and supplier management tools and techniques (although not specifically in the rail industry).
- Experience of negotiating directly with suppliers for all contract provisions.
- Experience of establishing and maintaining successful relationships with business stakeholders and suppliers
- Excellent communicator, committed to ensuring the procurement delivers outstanding customer service and creates value through cost and/or service improvement
- Experience of leading and developing cross-functional project teams.
- Strong analytical skills and action focussed to capitalise on identified opportunities
- Robust understanding of Contract law and contract drafting for different types of Product / Services.
- Appreciation of cost saving methodologies such as should-be cost modelling, value engineering and logistics optimisation.
- Strong commercial acumen and data presentation skills with an ability to influence and persuade stakeholders
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft office packages
- Experience and understanding of Sourcing and Contract Lifecycle Management tools (preferably Bravo Solutions)
- Educated to degree level
- Member of Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS), or Institute of Supply Management (CPSM, or CPM) or another appropriate professional institute or relevant experience.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
Benefits Hitachi Rail
- Strong work ethic, highly motivated and able to work with minimum supervision
- Builds effective relationships collaborating at all levels underpinned by openness, honesty & respect.
- Takes commitment seriously and does what they say they will do whilst holding others to account.
- Desire to understand working with different business cultures
- Strong influencing, networking and team working skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates perseverance, patience and commitment for long term success
- Good organisation/time management
- Enjoys challenges and problem solving.
- Highly organised and methodical
employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/