Job description Hitachi Rail STS
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated PROJECT MANAGER
to join our team in Munich - Germany
. Who We Are: Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities:
- Candidate must become thoroughly familiar with required contractual obligations and technical aspects of the project.
- Directs and reviews the overall planning of project activities to identify critical milestones and priorities.
- Determines and reviews budget estimates and staffing requirements for the defined scope and schedule.
- Manages and reviews the assignment of manpower, materials, and equipment to maximize efficiency, maintain schedules, and to meet budget goals.
- Leads the team to achieve all cost and schedule objectives while keeping alert to possible problem areas and takes preventative action to ensure that critical milestones are met for each phase of the project.
- Provides and presents project status reviews to client.
- Prepares and/or reviews cost and risk analyses and extra work claims for the client.
- Will be the primary contact and required to maintain a strong client relationship.
- A critical component to ensuring the project is performed to the standard safety and quality assurance requirements for the client.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
Job requirements Required Skills/ Knowledge:
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous Project Management experience
- A minimum of 3 year experience working in railway or mass transit industry projects
- Working knowledge of safety and security, train control systems, passenger vehicles, communication systems, traction electrification systems, operation & maintenance of rail systems.
- Strong Leadership and Communication Skills
- Proficiency German and English knowledge is mandatory
- One to three years of project management experience
- Previous Project Management experience working on rail industry projects
- Experience in the following areas of project management: Customer management, scheduling, planning, critical path analysis, change order management, risk management, cost estimation, and contract negotiation.
Bachelor's degree Languages:
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Join us at at https://careers.hitachi.com/
to discover more regarding our job opportunities.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail STS Deutschland to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirail