The Account Executive position is responsible for selling Hitachi medical imaging devices, options and service contracts to prospective and existing customers in their assigned territory.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Work with Zone Directors to develop a calling strategy in order to maximize territory coverage and sales.
- Prospect new customers and relationships in health systems, hospitals and private outpatient markets to sell equipment and service contracts.
- Develop and maintain a close working relationship with existing customers to ensure satisfaction with products and services, and to cross sell additional products and options.
- Work National Accounts Directors and Government Accounts Manager to develop relationships and implement hospital selling strategies/tactics with individual health systems, hospitals, imaging centers, IDNs, GPOs, and the VA and Military Centers.
- Work with Sales Operations to generate quotes for new equipment and option sales.
- Work with Product Specialists to conduct product demonstrations and clinical presentations to prospective and existing customers.
- Work with the Marketing Department to develop business plans and market assessments for presentation to prospective and existing customers.
- Continuous development of product knowledge and technical skills pertaining to Hitachi products and services.
- Timely and accurate feedback on competitive products and pricing, and changing market trends.
- Timely and accurate reporting of all account contacts of all active accounts and prospects on the CRM reporting system.
- Assist as required in the collection of accounts receivable, the renewal of service contracts and the resolution of product performance issues.
- Remain current on industry trends and developments.
- Attend RSNA and other local industry trade shows and conventions to develop sales leads and new relationships.
- 4+ years previous sales experience in the hospital market, preferably selling diagnostic imaging equipment or related peripheral devices into the radiology department
- BA/BS in Business, Marketing, Communication, Life Sciences or related field required.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Usual office and clinical working conditions
- Frequently required to sit; talk; or hear.
- Manual dexterity needed to operate iPad/PC systems.
- Frequently use fingers to type and do other fine motor tasks.
- Occasionally required to stand; walk, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop; kneel; or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and depth perception.
- Ability to use personal, public and air transportation as needed.
- Occasionally required to lift and move items weighing up to 25 pounds
- Ability to travel extensively within an assigned geographic territory.
- Access to a late model automobile for business use.
- Valid drivers' license with a safe a driving record.
- Access to a national credit card for business use.
- Strong ability to sell products based upon customer need; excellent sales presentation skills; strong ability to overcome customer objections and concerns; ability to quickly learn new products and services.
- Strong ability to communicate at all levels including C-Level, Radiology Managers, Radiologists and Technicians; excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong ability to develop long-term business relationships; strong listening skills; ability to interact with other departments to support the servicing of the customer.
- Strong ability to structure sales that meet the customers' requirements including product specifications and price; and to resolve problems in a timely, efficient and complete manner.
- Strong ability to manage and execute multiple projects at the same time; organize work, self and support staff as necessary.
- Strong desire to succeed; ability to work with support staff to encourage maximum teamwork and customer service.
- Ability to monitor and maintain required reports, including, but not limited to, call tracking, order tracking and reporting on business related expenses.
- Excellent sales presentation skills
- Professional manners and appearance
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including PowerPoint.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
The Essential Functions and Responsibilities outlined represent typical duties required of the job. The Company will make every effort to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities.
To apply, email resume to: [email protected].