Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise.
Come join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes.
Each and every person at Hitachi Vantara has a positive impact. The ways we act, lead and work create outcomes that matter. Collectively, we are part of a strong culture of teams that collaborate to reach a common goal. Join us and bring your passion for innovation and creating what's next.The Role
This role will be focused around Commercial Enterprise accounts which would be defined by large enterprise organization in any vertical.
The Sales territory may include Hitachi Vantara ("Hitachi") focus accounts that are not yielding incremental revenue and have not had suitable focus historically, as well as a target list of Enterprise accounts that have been selected as acquisition accounts where Hitachi is not an incumbent and will require an investment focus.Responsibilities
- Hitachi activity in the allocated territory, working appropriately with relevant sales pathways, in close conjunction and with the agreement of the Country Managing Director
- Prospecting and the development of new accounts and/or new opportunities within existing accounts.
- A Strategy to maximize coverage of the overall Territory through effective use of all Hitachi Pathways
- The service and development of named assigned sales accounts and the development of good Personal and business based relationships within those accounts.
- The balance between short-term gain and long-term growth for all opportunities and initiatives to achieve/exceed preset sales targets (product revenue and Services as defined in the compensation plan) and increase market share.
- All proposals, risk analysis and cost/benefit analysis for opportunities within allocated territory.
- General Liaison between Hitachi, partners and the customer for the escalation process of delivery and pricing issues
- Document and execute Territory, Account and Opportunity Plans in the required Hitachi format demonstrating a strong understanding of the customer's business issues, and relating them to business initiatives, corresponding IT initiatives and Hitachi solutions which address those needs.
- Develops a contact network within the account(s) and channel partners to enable Hitachi business to be sold effectively.
- Develops and supports Channel initiatives and corporate programs in allocated territory.
- Work closely with, and establish engagement between, Hitachi functional areas such as Marketing, Sales Engineers,
- Solution Business Managers, Legal, Finance and other Lines of Business as necessary, to develop and execute a solution strategy to meet customer business needs.
- Develop successful sales campaigns that maximize Hitachi advantages and win rate.
- The market and industry to identify new business opportunities in key segments or customer base.
- Equip yourself as a "trusted advisor" and cultivate executive level relationships by monitoring the following:
- Hitachi's Industry, marketplace, competitive position and the associated Hitachi Vantara value propositions that exist in the present environment
- The customer's industry, competitive position and related business issues that can be addressed by the differentiated capabilities that Hitachi offer.
- Proactively communicate and provide regular updates regarding transactional business, changes, and current and future business opportunities within the assigned account to the Country Managing Director.
- Ensure that any major changes or events that impact the opportunities within assigned Account(s) are regularly reviewed and the appropriate changes or updates are made to the Territory, Account and Opportunity Plans.
- Provide accurate and timely weekly forecasts with a monthly, quarterly and 6 monthly pipeline perspective. Ensure that gaps between current position and goal are proactively and regularly assessed and strategies and tactics are developed to address gaps.
- Ensure all business and technical risks are effectively managed to ensure customer satisfaction is never compromised.
- Setup Success Criteria that is relevant to the customer's goals and implementation and monitor the success of all implementations. Measure and provide relevant information for customer reference stories.
- Provide leadership and direction to all resources in the extended team to improve efficiencies in both the pre-sale and post-sale activities within the assigned Account(s).
- Work closely with and understand the capabilities of Hitachi Pathways to build the business case and coverage strategy for Hitachi solutions into your assigned territory.
- Support Channel initiatives and corporate programs in allocated territory.
- Where appropriate maintain contact with Hitachi Pathways throughout the delivery cycle and ensure that any developing issues are addressed.
- Update and maintain all account information and activity in the CRM. In addition, ensure that changes made to Account and Opportunity Plans are reflected in the versions that are stored within the CRM environment.
- Must be willing to travel as required.
- Minimum of 5-8 years' experience and proven track record in a sales capacity, to organizations that utilize Information Technology, Software, Hardware, Solutions and associated Services, as a major component of their business model.
- Must have HUNTER mentality/approach.
- Experience managing and closing complex sales-cycles using solution selling techniques (6-7 figures+)
- A proven and successful track record in sourcing, building, growing and managing enterprise/ commercial accounts.
- Demonstrated sales and account management experience with a track record of consistent sales quota over-achievement.
- Domain knowledge of large corporate IT environments including understanding of infrastructure, storage and cloud computing.
- An understanding of the nuances of Pathways to market as well as Direct Sales.
- A relevant Degree OR equivalent work experience.
- Top 10% performer at your last company.
- Ability to effectively present to a technical audience, influence individuals and groups at all levels.
- Strong executive presence and polish.
- Experience building and maintaining relationships with management and C level executives.
- Effective time management, deal management, and problem-solving skills.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high growth, rapidly changing environment.
- Highly organized professional with a strong work ethic.
- Previous experience with Salesforce.com.
- Possess solid business acumen and the ability to present and negotiate as well as build rapport with customers and partners.
- An outgoing, personable and organized person with a strong will to succeed.
- Ability to thrive in a fast moving environment. An ability to relate business issues to IT initiatives.
- Self-driven, motivated and results oriented. Must possess superior interpersonal and email communications skills and computer skills necessary to develop professional proposals via Powerpoint, Excel and Word.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.